Any photoshoppers feel like helping out with a press kit?

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

I'm normally not the type to ask for freebies but we have to send out a press kit to some guy tomorrow...

We are going to go take some pictures in the next ten minutes or so and I was wondering if a casual photoshopper lurking about would like to have a crack at adding our name to the bottom of the photo and maybe putting a little bit of "gloss" on it so it doesn't look like we just took a few pictures on a digital camera and sent it in... (which by the way is about exactly what we are doing)

Don't spend too much time on it, we aren't asking for something that people are out there getting paid for, just a little bit of polish.

any and all help is appreciated! I'll post the pic(s) once we're done if a few of you say you'll have a go...

• Members

Originally posted by Inearthed

I don't understand the "gloss" bit? Explain?

You guys got a logo?

Honestly I don't really know what I meant by Gloss either... I guess like a Polish or a bit of photoshop magic if that makes sense... not in a literal sense

I'm going to upload them to photobucket right now, and they came out pretty bland and retarded... any help is appreciated

It's going on an 8x10, so I'd like it to fit well... most likely from that 8x10 it's going to be shrunk so thats just a heads up if it helps you guys in any way...

I was trying to get myself a copy of photoshop but that fell through, the only thing I was gonna do was blur/fade out the edges and put our name on it...

• Members

Originally posted by tommythelurker

no amount of photoshop can salvage a bad photo unless you go for something very "sylized". Just waiting to see wha you guys come up with.

I hear that, and I'm kinda afraid thats the case here... Not much room on the bottom for adding anything, and it's kinda lackluster to begin with...

• Members

Right on guys, thanks for the interest...

I apologize for this, it was really rushed and uninspired. We were racing daylight, and had a very amateur camera man. If you guys can make anything usable, I'd be very happy... A bit of Cropping might help a ton because the framing is a bit off.

oh well, enough talk, here's the picture.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/BitBaXeMan/Picture004.jpg

don't pick on us too hard, we have never really been concerned with image and we've never taken pictures together.

oh, and the band name might help too, huh? It's "Beauty in the Burn" (taken from a song by the band Quitter, if you've heard of them)

• Members
Originally posted by fistertain

no logo?

Not really man, a long time ago I made up a website when I was all about photoshop, but I gave up on it because everyone went ape{censored} for Myspace and we just let our website go...

Hard to believe there was a time before myspace... :freak::rolleyes:

• Members

E-Mail sent homeboy! I even left space for quotes or cool one liners like "CRUSHING!" and "DEVASTATING!" and the quote every band seems to have in their promos these days ... "THE NEXT METALLICA!"

hahaha, I saw that, we won't do anything like that, but it will work perfectly for adding dates and show location

you rock man

• Members

nah no prob ... I'm doing my duty as a forumite. It's kinda like a gang ... I'm am a n00b and can't be trusted, so I need to do jobs to earn respect. It's like a really really boring video game ... a text-based video game ... god I need a life.

hahahaha, I'm gonna put it up on Photobucket so you get the credit you deserve... thanks again man

• Members
Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

Anybody down to guess?
:D

The positions from left to right are Drummer, Guitarist, Vocalist, and Guitarist

one of the reasons we had to do this so last minute is because our bassist dropped out this week

I refuse to believe anyone in the pic is you.....You'll always be the guy in your avatar to me.:D .....Uhhhhhh far right ...maybe?:confused:

Archived