FWAxeIbanez's obscure band appreciation thread

FWAxeIbanez

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by sixthsense

holy hell crap!! thanks for sharing that. Consider me a new fan of theirs!

Yeah they dress in medival tunics and have crazy stuff going on. One dude plays all found percussion and many of their instruments are homemade like the percussion guitar and the electric pancreas. 5 string electric violin player - etc. Get both of their cds, you wont regret it.

• Members

holy hell crap!! thanks for sharing that. Consider me a new fan of theirs!

Yeah they dress in medival tunics and have crazy stuff going on. One dude plays all found percussion and many of their instruments are homemade like the percussion guitar and the electric pancreas. 5 string electric violin player - etc. Get both of their cds, you wont regret it.

Also - Cockass.

• Members
Originally posted by NITEFLY182

Also - Cockass.

are you calling me a cockass?:confused::mad:

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Not when the band is really original and groundbreaking.
:)

Very few bands are so original and groundbreaking that you can't compare them to another band... and if a band's good music can't be compared to other good music, it probably isn't good :thu:

• Members

http://media.putfile.com/Amanda-Woodward

here we go, I think this is gonna be perfect... it's streaming, and I don't think it's downloadable, plus I only put up the artists name...

if this is still in violation of any ToS then let me know, I'm not trying to break any rules here, just giving some free publicity to a deserving band

• Members
Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

Sometimes I wish that when you start a thread, you could delete peoples responses... It would have the potential to be over used, sure, but at least it'd keep this garbage out.

MYK, you used to be funny, now you just suck bandwidth

All of this over my opinion.:confused:

• Members

All of this over my opinion.
:confused:

giving an opinion wasn't your main goal, you were trying to sound smart and start {censored} at the same time... You'll deny it and probably make some comment on how I am or am not reading your mind... hell, now that I've said you will, I have no clue what you'll really do.

Doesn't really matter either way, every time you post you put this band up top for everyone to hear, and that's exactly what I'm after, so kudos to you I guess... :wave:

• Members

Seriously dude. I had no intent to troll this thread. But you guys come out, arms bashing because I said something that's a little out of your norm or something.

I just was thinking about how a lot of bands I listen to sound pretty unique. They're not really a mix of other things.

Someone might say, "Yeah, MYK's band is a mix of Led Zeppelin and Immortal." Well, great.

That doesn't really attract me to listening to any of it. I can go and listen to Led Zep and Immortal at home on my winamp playlist.

And yeah, if you just shove music in front of me and say, "LISTEN TO THIS, MOTHER{censored}ER!" I probably will.

• Members

Seriously dude. I had no intent to troll this thread. But you guys come out, arms bashing because I said something that's a little out of your norm or something.

Honestly, somebody almost always says something like that when people try to classify a band...

either that or something like "I hate how everything has to get pigeon-holed inside a genre these days"

Hence my original statement. you can set a watch by it, and I fully expected it.

who cares? I don't want to waste Joe Metalhead's time with something he's probably gonna find pretentious and whiny... If I can get them heard a little easier by those in thier target audience, I will...

• Members
Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

Honestly, somebody almost always says something like that when people try to classify a band...

either that or something like "I hate how everything has to get pigeon-holed inside a genre these days"

Hence my original statement. you can set a watch by it, and I fully expected it.

who cares? I don't want to waste Joe Metalhead's time with something he's probably gonna find pretentious and whiny... If I can get them heard a little easier by those in thier target audience, I will...

It's hard to classify music. There's tons of grey area once you start into classifying stuff. And due to the subjective nature of music, it's darn right horrible to get some sort of standard genre table that everything you feel should fall into.

People that complain about genres are silly. There's some obvious genres out there that I can split most music into a few genres. I seriously hate splitting them down too much though.

I'm just writing a bunch of {censored} here that has nothing to do with the subject anyways.

I'll try to listen to them. I'll probably just think to myself, "This sounds a little like Fugazi, ATD-I, and Sublime all at the same time."

....:o

• Members

the sublime is definitely reaching, and only because I don't listen to much dub music... truthfully I'm not a huge fan of sublime either.

I hate all the bitching about genre's

if you want to use them so you have a heads up before you listen, then go for it. If you hate compartmentalizing, then by all means ignore it and feel free to listen to every band with an interesting name or on a label you like...

who cares? everyone's already heard all the bitching they need for a lifetime or two, if you spent more time listening to good music and less time complaining the world would be a better place.

having said that, the ATDI reference is kind of reaching too, not as much as the Sublime tho

• Members

amanda woodward yeah, but I've never heard of sleepytime...no sirrryy

Hahahaha, I know I drop the ball a lot and forget to tell you about bands, but I'd bet a paycheck or two that I've shown these guys to you... go check all the DVD-r's I used to make for you, I'm damn near positive you'll find "Grand Opening and Closing" on one of them...

they used to be my desktop background as well, remember?! It was a poster for a show with a big ass snail on it and it was saying the show was for insects only or something, and that humans could only attend the next day's performance... it was black and white.

I was all about this band for a couple months, ask Carlos and the guys, they'll tell you, hahahaha... they got so sick of them because they couldn't get past the act.

Archived