FWAxeIbanez's obscure band appreciation thread

FWAxeIbanez

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

this is normally where I would start mentioning band names and compare them to other things, so I'll spare you the trouble
:thu:

You failed sparing me when you mentioned it along with sublime.;)

I don't listen to Sublime anyways.:o

:)

• Members

Originally posted by Doctor

i actually already listen to these guys:love:

any other screamo band suggestions?

awesome... good for you dude, I love these guys to death.

Try out Off Minor, particularly a song called "This is a Hostage Situation"

I've got some other stuff up my sleeve too, I'll post more later. This is assuming that you've already discovered Rites of Spring... if you haven't, then you need to hear "For Want Of" or anything else off of End on End.

• Members

Doctor,

Check out:

After School Knife Fight - Jousting with the intent of hurting people
Angel Hair - Pregnant with the Senior Class
Circle Takes the Square - As Roots Undo
Fall of Troy - S/T (but they ride the line between what I call mallcore and good screamo)

Some of this is Screamo and some of it kinda isn't, but within the context of stuff I've mentioned in this thread, it should be an easy leap from one band to the other...

any time you wanna talk music, I'm down. I love talking about bands, and finding new ones.

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Okay.

I understand Ska.

Keep going.....
;)

You ever go to a beach town where they have booths and they play music that's mostly drum and bass centered but it has kind of a reggae laid back influence? I wouldn't call it Reggae or Ska, but it's definitely borderline. A lot of times it's instrumental.

Honestly I was being facetious with my response, but if you really wanna know, check out this other AW song. Note the bass through out, but especially the part at 1:38

http://media.putfile.com/Amanda-Woodward-again

as a pretty unexperienced dub listener, I would say that the part I mentioned is a classic example of full on dub music. I might be wrong, and if someone could correct me, that'd be appreciated. But more importantly if you know of bands that sound like that I'd appreciate a heads up...

• Members

You ever go to a beach town where they have booths and they play music that's mostly drum and bass centered but it has kind of a reggae laid back influence? I wouldn't call it Reggae or Ska, but it's definitely borderline. A lot of times it's instrumental.

Honestly I was being facetious with my response, but if you really wanna know, check out this other AW song. Note the bass through out, but especially the part at 1:38

as a pretty unexperienced dub listener, I would say that the part I mentioned is a classic example of full on dub music. I might be wrong, and if someone could correct me, that'd be appreciated. But more importantly if you know of bands that sound like that I'd appreciate a heads up...

I almost live in a beach town.:(

Where are all of these secret music booth meetings taking place?:mad:

I'll check this stuff out tomorrow if I'm not banned.:)

[Must download more suicidal tendencies.:cool:]

• Members

Check out Amanda Woodward then, seriously... Maybe some Off Minor too

oh {censored}, its funny you should mention Off Minor.

my old band played with them over 2 years ago, they barely even exist anymore. awesome {censored}ing guys though, and they're drummer rules.

• Members

Originally posted by colormebloodred

neil perry

hot cross

welcome the plague year

textbook traitors

orchid

dude, totally... all of those are stellar. Haven't heard Textbook Traitors tho

Joshua Fit For Battle? especially if you dig the Circle Takes The Square stuff... Kinda wierd, that stuff can be in a genre of it's own... its like a movement is going on there and a lot of the bands are coming up.

We had a really wierd brand of nu-metal here in northern california that was kinda like that. It was like speed nu-metal. lol, it never caught on and we haven't played shows with bands like that in a very long time thank god.

• Members
Originally posted by colormebloodred

oh {censored}, its funny you should mention Off Minor.

my old band played with them over 2 years ago, they barely even exist anymore. awesome {censored}ing guys though, and they're drummer rules.

that song I mentioned "This Is a Hostage Situation" has a part in it that boggles my mind. That clean guitar part just kills me. The rest of the album is good too, but that song is :freak: good

• Members

here we go, I think this is gonna be perfect... it's streaming, and I don't think it's downloadable, plus I only put up the artists name...

Thanks a lot for that, sounds pretty good to my ears! I've been looking for some stuff like this for a while now so this is just the ticket

• Members

that didn't sound much like dub to me... :confused:

dub is much, much more like reggae

trying to find a soundclip of some good dub online with decent sound quality...

• Members

Hahahaha, I know I drop the ball a lot and forget to tell you about bands, but I'd bet a paycheck or two that I've shown these guys to you... go check all the DVD-r's I used to make for you, I'm damn near positive you'll find "Grand Opening and Closing" on one of them...

they used to be my desktop background as well, remember?! It was a poster for a show with a big ass snail on it and it was saying the show was for insects only or something, and that humans could only attend the next day's performance... it was black and white.

I was all about this band for a couple months, ask Carlos and the guys, they'll tell you, hahahaha... they got so sick of them because they couldn't get past the act.

maybe it's because you overload me with bands I don't have enough time to soak all of them in hahaha...and that AW track you just posted is nice. REALLY Frenchy...it's good I'm French so I can actually understand them ahha

• Members

Doctor,

Check out:

After School Knife Fight - Jousting with the intent of hurting people

Angel Hair - Pregnant with the Senior Class

Circle Takes the Square - As Roots Undo

Fall of Troy - S/T (but they ride the line between what I call mallcore and good screamo)

Some of this is Screamo and some of it kinda isn't, but within the context of stuff I've mentioned in this thread, it should be an easy leap from one band to the other...

any time you wanna talk music, I'm down. I love talking about bands, and finding new ones.

very cool i have listened to all but after school knife fight. i will check them out soon.

a small recommendation although not necessarily true screamo would be

Grade-And Such is Progress

some screaming and cool rock guitars

• Members
Originally posted by yabba

that didn't sound much like dub to me...
:confused:

dub is much, much more like reggae

trying to find a soundclip of some good dub online with decent sound quality...

Please do... like I said, that sounds like dub to someone who is uninformed. It might not be full on like I was saying, but it was heavily influenced (in more ways than one :D ) by dub, correct?

• Members

Originally posted by Doctor

very cool i have listened to all but after school knife fight. i will check them out soon.

a small recommendation although not necessarily true screamo would be

Grade-And Such is Progress

some screaming and cool rock guitars

I never cared for Grade... they do have a following tho, thats for sure

Archived