$225,000 Les Paul on Ebay

willy22

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

Anyone that even thinks about buying a guitar for that amount of money needs to be shot in the {censored}ing head.

If you're wealthy and a guitar player, why not? Plenty of rich people have lots of fancy cars, boats, beach houses, etc.

• Members
Originally posted by willy22

Completely original 1959 Les Paul.
:love:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1959-59-Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard_W0QQitemZ270025623036QQihZ017QQcategoryZ38086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Q: Would you consider parting this out if it doesn't reach your reserve? I'm looking for some PAF's and pickup rings. Thanks!

A: This is the first time I have ever posted a question, I know your joking, but that is Funny! Cheers!

lol :D

• Members

Originally posted by Darkburst

If you're wealthy and a guitar player, why not? Plenty of rich people have lots of fancy cars, boats, beach houses, etc.

Yeah - although it seems like a rediculous amount of money, far be it from me to tell someone else how to spend THEIR money...

- georgestrings

• Members
Originally posted by Psychotronic

Something wierd in his description, though...he says it has double black pickups but then says that the pickup covers have never been off. Then how would he know that they're double black?!?!?!?!
:confused:

You can remove the screws and take a peek.

• Members

Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

Anyone that even thinks about buying a guitar for that amount of money needs to be shot in the {censored}ing head.

If I were independently wealthy, I'd pay that much for an all original classic guitar. That guitar is gonna go in a glass case in some rich dude's room and never be played again. It's kinda sad in a way; like the most beautiful girl in the world can't be in the beauty contest, she has to watch from the sidelines.

• Members

eor has a couple of those and they are alright, i guess. i did have to do a pup swap so i can rock out more better- the emgs really brought it to life.

i also put a sweet leopard pick guard on one. looks way better now.

love,
eor

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

wow!!!

I suspect the only reason someone would buy that is for investment purposes.

But I would love to do a gig playing it!! LOL

Id love to smash it into pieces just to watch all the fanboys piss their pants.

Id feel bad about it later though. Mostly because its like a piece of history.

• Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

Yeh, I know that, but I thought he meant he got one of those warnings up on the screen when he right clicked.

Exactly. It says:

All images and text contain copyrights and belong to Ebay user coastal a.a. Any use of these images or text

without permission is a violation of applicable laws.

• Members

Originally posted by GRANKOR

there's only pole pieces on one bobbin, you wouldn't be able to see both

I'm not sure that's true. I've never tried removing the pole piece screws so I'm guessing that there might be enough space between the cover and the back bobbin to let you shine a flashlight in there and take a peek.

Maybe I'll try it tonight when I get home.

Anyone here actually done this and know the answer?

Archived