Achtung Chicago Guys!

• Members

what are your reasons for wishing to add a keyboard player? what range do you want he/she to cover, what sort of sounds do you wish them to bring to the table etc

your music sounds pretty alright i think. i'm not bandshopping and i'm too far south, though.

• Members

what are your reasons for wishing to add a keyboard player? what range do you want he/she to cover, what sort of sounds do you wish them to bring to the table etc

your music sounds pretty alright i think. i'm not bandshopping and i'm too far south, though.

I want keys to fill out the sound more, I've pretty much been in two guitar bands forever so looking to do something different. Sound wise, B-3, Rhodes and sometimes some crazy synth stuff.

You live on the South Side?

• Members

Anybody looking to join a band?

My band needs a keyboard player for a mainly originals based band and craigslist is a {censored}ing unfunny joke.

Anybody?

I took a listen to your tracks and in my opinion a bass player would do you more good than a keyboard player at this time. you really have no bottom end. thats is the missing link. with two guitars already part of the band ,, a bass player is where i would head. BTW , I play keys and if i were a keyboard guy ,,, i would not come onboard without a bass player in place. The odds of finding a keyboard guy that will cover bass for you as well as play key parts are pretty slim. While some of us can do that ,, its not really somthing very many like to do. Get a bass player that can sing ,, then evaluate the need for keys....

• Members
englewood_shoot.jpg

Yeah, that's a common misperception. I'm from the South Side, I was down at 35th and King for Bud Billiken last week and by some miracle I'm still alive. :cop:

I took a listen to your tracks and in my opinion a bass player would do you more good than a keyboard player at this time. you really have no bottom end. thats is the missing link. with two guitars already part of the band ,, a bass player is where i would head. BTW , I play keys and if i were a keyboard guy ,,, i would not come onboard without a bass player in place. The odds of finding a keyboard guy that will cover bass for you as well as play key parts are pretty slim. While some of us can do that ,, its not really somthing very many like to do. Get a bass player that can sing ,, then evaluate the need for keys....

Today 11:59 AM

Those tracks are about a year old, we have a bass player, right now it's drums, bass and guitar.

• Members
Yeah, that's a common misperception. I'm from the South Side, I was down at 35th and King for Bud Billiken last week and by some miracle I'm still alive.
:cop:

How can it be a misconception if that's an actual picture of a crime scene from Chicago's south side? :confused:

I just posted a picture. :lol:

I'm just being a {censored}. :wave:

• Members
How can it be a misconception if that's an actual picture of a crime scene from Chicago's south side?
:confused:

I just posted a picture.
:lol:

I'm just being a {censored}.
:wave:

Because a lot of people (especially if you aren't from Chicago) think if you go further south than Chinatown you need to be riding in a tank.

• Members

Y'all should come see my two-piece rock & roll (garage soul punk) band Mucho Maas play in Logan Square on wednesday! We're currently keyless (i had to sell my only real board to fund moving here, hopefully will start adding them back in soon) but it's free and should be a fun / ridiculous time.

I'm on the blue line back from work right now but I'll post a couple tracks when I get home.

Archived