This has gotta be the most idiotic... (Floyd rose content)

satannica

• Members
Originally posted by mataharry

Same on any Strat with a floating bridge. Not limited to a Floyd.

Ways around it. it's technique as Kage said.

Luckily overnight I learned the technique to bend notes and keep the open strings flat pitched.

Tonight I am going to master the technique of a floyd not going out of tune when a string breaks. :p

After watching the protector last night I now know that physics and gravity have no power over technique.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Well lets see, would you agree that my first statement about hundreds, if not thousands of Floyd users not having the problem? Of course you do, you cant deny it. If thats the case, then whats left? you got it , technique!!!
:idea:

Cmon dude, stop wasting my time and come back when you have something....

:wave:

About half a dozen people agreed that floyds do have note stability issues in certain situations. On this very thread.

It's cool that you sigged me...Can you put this link in there too:

http://www.web-design100.net/thefyn/sacred%20ground%20master.mp3

I'm looking for a band and can use all of the advertising I can get

• Members

Originally posted by thefyn

About half a dozen people agreed that floyds do have note stability issues in certain situations. On this very thread.

It's cool that you sigged me...Can you put this link in there too:

I'm looking for a band and can use all of the advertising I can get

I never disagreed with you!!!! Of course a Floating bridge is going to have stability issues, its up to you to make it work( or not) either way, its still about technique!!!

No, I wont be sigging the MP3

• Members

if i'm not carefull i'll flatten my palm mutes with a Floyd, but do way better with bends.

getting to were the locking nuts bother me more than not being able to be ham fisted on the bridge. i wear my guitars fairly low and my fingers go over the nut when fretting on the first fret on the 5th and 6th strings.

as yes i'm fully aware of how {censored}ty my playing is:p

• Members

The ironic thing is that Floyds are easier to chug on, because they are so flush with the strings.

Often if I mess up takes too often while recording, I can pick up my Tokai with a floyd and breeze through it.

They also play a LOT faster. Good for the speed stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by satannica

It just sounds to me like your floyd is set up a smidge too weak.

Come to amp fest. I'll bring a floyd guitar that's great for rhythm and lead and you'll see what I mean.

I just laid an albums worth of rhythm tracks on my mate's ESP. It has a floyd superbly set up (by me) *smug mode on* and I didn't experience any problems whatsoever.

I just wish I still had my DK-2. That was a diamond axe. I hadn't tuned it in months and it was still perfect pitch!

When your palm muting, its all good to pick that bit harder, but from how you describe, the only way I can reproduce it is if I really dig the plectrum under the string, but I never do that anyways.

J.

+10000

If you got that bitch set up right (for the guitar and your playing)....then it's good fro everything.

I have honestlyhad NO problems whatsoever with the Floyds I have had.

But I'm digging my Wilkinson trem very much these days!

Archived