I despise changing guitar strings

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Originally posted by JoshuaLogan

HATE it... absolutely hate it. If I had to string guitars all day long, I'd kill myself.

That is all.
:mad:

me too

esp floyd rose type guitars.... I still have a guitar which has a lockign trem with a snapped string - must have snapped about 8 months ago and I can't be arsed to change it :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Pepi

Me to. That's why I use locking tuners on all my guitars. Makes it a bit less painful

Locking tuners make the job far better. I don't actually mind it too much, as the pay off of playing with brand new strings is worth it. I hate playing with manky strings more than I hate changing manky strings for new ones.

• Members

Originally posted by satannica

Whats the big deal?

You need to learn to love the crust of guitarism.

Changing strings is your way of praising the God of woodness.

I hate changing the oil in my car, but it still happens: No oil = no car. No strings = no guitar!

OK Dr Phil :D

• Members

For me it's a pain in the ass as well... Because I'm not very good at it. ALWAYS something stupid happens, either the damn tune-o-matic falls apart, or the string gets caught between the saddles on the bridge, or i take too much or too little string on the tuners or i stab my finger with a string etc. What can you do...:rolleyes:

• Members

I dont use whammies anymore so I dont hate stringing them at all.

I hate changing strings on some "string thru body" guitars cause the holes are so tiny and its like threading a needle on some guitars. Its its always fun to get broken strings out of those (with a paperclip).

But my ibanez tm71 has the quick change tailpiece which is just 6 slots you slip the string thru and its real easy. My easiest guitar to string.

At the pegs, i always use a plastic winder cause winding strings wasnt made for those of us with ADD.

• Members

tele:

the little bullet things in the back annoy me :mad:

lost soooo many at gigs (mainly when i break my strings on purpose)

gibson:

the bridge annoys me because it always slides off when you're trying to tighten the first new string

strat:

floyd rose..............:mad: :mad: :mad:

TAKES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

i actually like changing strings, it is kinda relaxing i think. i always take some time to polish my guitar when the strings are down, too, since that is just easier when the strings are off. and when i am done,i feel great because i have a lovely looking and awesome sounding guitar, nothing beats the sound of new strings;)

• Members

I don't mind changing strings...it gives me an opportunity to clean my guitars (as I sweat all over them during shows). It also allows me to adjust the Floyd Rose and use contact cleaner on the pots and switches.

After 25+ years of playing...changing strings is like peeing...it's gotta be done and I feel great afterwards! :D

Archived