JCM 800 clone?

h2oman

• Members

Originally posted by h2oman

Are there any similar sounding amps that come in a smaller package with less wattage combo wise? Thanks

the answer is......

NO

once and for all... there is no such thing as a clone of any amp unless it's 100% the same circuit ... which there will never be without a lawsuit.

and all you delusional peavey posers need to stop inhaling your own buttcrack fumes cos there has never been, there is not now, and there will never be a peavey made that sounds 1/10th as good a JCM800. i don't even see how that cheap worthless peavey crap can even be mentioned in the same breath as a JCM800

• Members

Originally posted by whoop

the answer is......

NO

once and for all... there is no such thing as a clone of any amp unless it's 100% the same circuit ... which there will never be without a lawsuit.

and all you delusional peavey posers need to stop inhaling your own buttcrack fumes cos there has never been, there is not now, and there will never be a peavey made that sounds 1/10th as good a JCM800.

who {censored} in your cornflakes?

The Peavey Butcher has an identical circuit in the preamp as a JCM800. The power section, however, uses 6L6 tubes. And yes...there were lawsuits against it.

i don't even see how that cheap worthless peavey crap can even be mentioned in the same breath as a JCM800

Throw each amp down the stairs. I guarantee the PV will outlast the Marshall.

Relax a bit, you might live longer.

• Members

Peaveys are built like tanks.

They often weigh as much as tanks, as well.

I'm perfectly happy with my Ultra 60 head, though I wouldn't mind a Butcher or VTM, as a boosted JCM800 is probably my favorite amp sound of all time. But, y'know, being poor, broke, blind, and infected with SARS, a JCM is not in my future anytime soon. But, such is life.

(note: broke and poor are not redundant. Broke, means I have no money. Poor means when I do, it's not much.)

• Members

the answer is......

NO

and all you delusional peavey posers need to stop inhaling your own buttcrack fumes cos there has never been, there is not now, and there will never be a peavey made that sounds 1/10th as good a JCM800. i don't even see how that cheap worthless peavey crap can even be mentioned in the same breath as a JCM800

Where'd this guy come from!

• Members

the answer is......

NO

Go swallow some needles.

• Members

the answer is......

NO

i listen with my ears (which may or may not be a good thing). how the {censored} can you be a PEAVEY POSEUR???

You sir, are a jism squirt.

• Members

JCM800's came out in combo form at one time...of course they're not easy to find anymore. Might want to consider a Jubilee combo. Same power section as the 800's but different preamp. Can get a lot more gain out of a Jub.

• Members

the answer is......

NO

Well, the delivery is a bit over the top but I agree. I've had ALOT of amps and some were very cool but none sound like my 800's.

Archived