Dealer Review of Splawn Amps

joshsage

• Members

A lot of these good words should go to Scott Splawn himself. First off, he is one of the most honest, helpful, and straightforward people I have met in the business! Rock on Scott, you are by far one of the best. Two, thanks for letting us have the priviledge of selling your amps. I have drop shipped these amps for a while and haven't had much experience with them, as I mainly stocked Framus, Engl, and Traynor along with all my PA equipment I sell. The pro-mod was the first amp I got in, roughly mid-last week. By the way, these were the first amps I have got into inventory since I have had the dealership. The pro-mod I got in was upgraded w/ jj kt88's, wow what an amp. I am so used to hardcore metal amps like the cobra and the powerball this was such a nice change of pace, however it still had tons of aggression. Now also, I got a quickrod in just minutes ago. I plug it in and play it and there is a sound screaming with the best imaginable marshall sound, but on top of the cabinet was the yellow quickrod. I didn't have a chance to experience the older model w/o the clean channel gain adjustment like these two amps had. Scott uses what seems to be the best as far as tubes. If anybody has any amps in queue with Scott, I want to state that his job packing the amp is above and beyond what is necessary. The two amps I got in came in great and they absolutely rock. Just wanted to take a minute and thank Scott for making such a kick ass amp! I am sure other dealers can chime in and pretty much second my opinion.

Archived