OT: Holy $*it

Mediterranean

• Members

nightmares tonight then facepalm.gif

i can understand how you could do that job: just never let the idea of a fear of heights even enter your mind.

what amazes me is how they build a tower like that - so tall and so narrow - and how they stop it falling over constantly. eek.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At the beginning when he was inside the 'cage' I was thinking "yeah, I could do that, no problem".

Then, once the cage ended.....NO WAY !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hogberto

View Post

what amazes me is how they build a tower like that - so tall and so narrow - and how they stop it falling over constantly. eek.gif

I was thinking the same thing.......any engineers here?

• Members

I was a wireless engineer years ago and was friends with a guy who used to climb towers and he watched a guy fall from about 3/4 up while making a transition. The guy who fell landed about 15 feet from him. He refused to climb towers after that. I'm scared of heights so I'd never do it anyway...

BALLS - theys gots 'em.

• Members

vid link is dead unfortunately.

I work selling products to people in this industry. So one time I cold call a guy and he answers his phone and tells me he is climbing up a tower can I call back later. Can you imagine answering your cell while doing this? Particularly from a unknown salesman??

• Members

it would be awesome to do the climb like once or twice, but after that it would get kinda lame. i met a guy who claimed to work at the top of the cn tower, outside. called b.s and he totally dropped mad pics, that was a sick job.

imo there's no reason why this can't be totally 100% safe and fool proof. like if u slip and fall you have a rope/harness or whatever. if someone died where the hell's the mid level industrial engineers when u need them > ? ? ? :facepalm;

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock View Post
I couldn't do it if I wanted to. Heights aren't kind to me.
Same here. I'm so chicken {censored} of heights, I can't even get on my roof to clean my gutters, I have to pay someone to do it because the thought of it makes me squeemish.
Now with that said, I'm a lazy bastard and would probably still pay someone even if I wasn't afriad of heights.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

That guy stood on top of that tower unattached @ 7:18 with both hands off while he messed with his carabiner harness and his mate came up to meet him facepalm.gif

Oh F me. If people depended on me to change that light bulb so airplanes wouldn't crash into it, a lot of people would be in danger cause I wouldn't do that for anything. And I seriously mean anything. If I were offered anything I wanted, I wouldn't do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by BonsoWonderDog

View Post

His days are numbered. Crocs are pure prehistoric instinct. Not a sentimental bone in their body.

Well, as anyone who lives in Florida knows, some varieties really aren't that aggressive (the American alligator variety in particular is not very aggressive) and they will get used to humans very, very easily if regularly fed.

They are also rather stupid animals; even if they get used to humans, they can easily mistake your arm for food. facepalm.gif

Archived