Framus Dragon 4x12 IN THE HOUSE!!

Kyle DiSanto

• Members

Originally posted by peehoo

Wow I really didn't know that Marshall stuff was so much cheaper in UK than on the continent:confused:

That's the point. Marshalls are cheap as chips in England which is why we often buy them! :idea:

People complain they're overpriced and unreliable outside the UK but that's because they're not in the UK...

In the UK you can get them serviced and all, outside the UK you're {censored}ed :wave:

• Members

But the used prices seem to be about the same as in continental Europe. I always thought that I'll go for a fun weekend to England and get bargains on used Marshalls, Oranges and Hiwatts. But at least as far as eBay goes the prices are the same...

• Members

Originally posted by JoshuaLogan

i was about to ask what speakers too. I think they are v30's and the cobra cab has greenbacks.... correct?

Yes!!!

I still like the looking of the Cobra Cab, it just do better match job to complet with Cobra Head!!

However, I don't like the sound from Greenback, so now my Cobra Cab has 2 x G12-75 & 2 x V30 on it!!

• Members

Originally posted by ROTINPAIN

Alrighty Guys! I got a chance to play the cab today and here are some initial observations/opinions...and comparisons to my mesa traditional cab.

This cab is definitly Tighter than the Mesa. But not Brighter

The mesa is more spikey and Crunchy, the Framus is rounder and more smooth.

The framus really brings alive the clean sounds, the Mesa sounds great for riffing and LEads.

The mesa has alot more mids/high mids. The Framus is alot more even on the EQ. Almost sounds scooped when compared to the mesa's sound.

So Now I dont think I want to sell my MESA CAB. I have been breaking in the Framus cab, hopefully it will get rid of some of the stiffness and really bring out the breakup of the V30's, which I love (and my mesa cab has tons of).

I also was running the Two Cabs at the same time and I got some very cool results. I used to Run my Framus Cobra cab (reloaded with Govenors) and the Mesa cab together for a few months and the Tone was definitly more full sounding. So we Shall See what happens in the upcomming days!

Hey mate -

Can the quad handle big bass at volume without farting and is it clear or mushy? I'm tuned to B standard and am quite interested in this quad - this or an orange!!!

Cheers

• Members

Originally posted by guitarman967

Why is everyone calling the Grill Cloth Poo?
:mad:
It's not brown it's red. It may look brown in a picture but I assume you it's not. Maybe some of you guys have red poo?
:freak:

I sometimes have Red Poo after my boyfriend comes over for a night of Sweet Lovin:D :D:freak: HAHA

I just looked really closely and Joel is Right!

ITs a weave of a Gold/Yellow Color, Red, and a Black/Dark Dark Blue.

I didn't think Id like the color at all, but I do! It has a really cool vintage vibe to it.

DOOM: This cab WILL NOT fart out on you. Its tight sounding, and v30s work great for the low stuff always (or at least thats my feelings on them)

I tune to Dropped D, and ocaisionally tune to AADGBE so that low A which would be the low A on a seven string tunned down...does fine!

• Members

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

everyone in their mom works on marshalls here in the states, that still doesn't make them any more dependable

prices are hit and miss if you buy used...new i think they've gotten kinda unreasonable in recent years

Yeah but just because someone works on Marshalls doesn't know they can do the best for them. Only Marshall really know what they're doing. I sent my Plexi to a tech to get the first channel working again and it came back near enough the same.

You really need to send em to Marshall to get the most :p

And red poo? Bit of bloody {censored}!

• Members

Originally posted by Chudanez

Yeah but just because someone works on Marshalls doesn't know they can do the best for them. Only Marshall really know what they're doing. I sent my Plexi to a tech to get the first channel working again and it came back near enough the same.

You really need to send em to Marshall to get the most
:p

Food Coloring?

• Members

Originally posted by thewaterchapter

i own a framus cobra and have also owned a dragon 4x12 and a mesa trad. 4x12. rotin's review is very accurate. the mesa has more high end crunch, but is A LOT looser than the dragon. the dragon is smoother and sounds way more brutal. the cleans on the dragon/cobra are unreal, and the high gain just sound absolutely perfect.

i bought the mesa cab because it was cheap, then after one practice, i sold it. the cobra head/dragon cab setup is next to none.

The dragon/cobra setup is next to my Mesa bitch! :mad::eek::D

• Members

Originally posted by ROTINPAIN

DOOM: This cab WILL NOT fart out on you. Its tight sounding, and v30s work great for the low stuff always (or at least thats my feelings on them)

I tune to Dropped D, and ocaisionally tune to AADGBE so that low A which would be the low A on a seven string tunned down...does fine!

Cheers mate.......:thu:

• Members

You really need to send em to Marshall to get the most

there are a lot of less than favorable marshall techs here for sure, but there are some great ones as well

you could sell a broken marshall, and buy a used working one...and probably come out cheaper than you would to ship an amp to the uk and back

• Members

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

there are a lot of less than favorable marshall techs here for sure, but there are some great ones as well

you could sell a broken marshall, and buy a used working one...and probably come out cheaper than you would to ship an amp to the uk and back

In which case i'd probably butcher the amp up and try and mend it, and if all else failed send it :p

It's the same for Mesa's in England though. We're {censored}ed with them. A triple rectifier costs more then a Diezel Herbert :thu:

• Members

In which case i'd probably butcher the amp up and try and mend it, and if all else failed send it

It's the same for Mesa's in England though. We're {censored}ed with them. A triple rectifier costs more then a Diezel Herbert
:thu:

mesa isn't much better here in the states either, atleast where i live...the closest reputable mesa tech i could find was a 6 hour drive away, and charged about the same mesa themselves did for repair cost...cheaper for me to ship the amp to the other side of the country :freak:

Archived