One thing this forum has taught me...

ratter

• Members

The best Marshall is not Marshall. No matter what you do, if you want the best Marshall, make sure it doesn't say Marshall on it. Get a Splawn, or an Engl :freak:, or a Germino. Get a Traynor YCV20...I hear those do a great plexi sound. :wave: Just, for the love of god, NO MARSHALL.

Oh, and the same goes for strats. Get a Warmoth or a Peavey Predator. Whatever you do, make sure your strat doesn't say Fender on it. You'd be a fool to buy a Fender Stratocaster.

And don't even get me started on Les Pauls. If you've purchased a Gibson Les Paul, you might as well go shoot yourself in the head right now. Agile, LTD, Schecter....these are the REAL Les Pauls. As a matter of fact, Les Paul himself plays a Schecter Hellraiser these days. True.

• Members
Originally posted by ratter

The best Marshall is not Marshall. No matter what you do, if you want the best Marshall, make sure it doesn't say Marshall on it. Get a Splawn, or an Engl
:freak:
, or a Germino. Get a Traynor YCV20...I hear those do a great plexi sound.
:wave:
Just, for the love of god, NO MARSHALL.

Oh, and the same goes for strats. Get a Warmoth or a Peavey Predator. Whatever you do, make sure your strat doesn't say Fender on it. You'd be a fool to buy a Fender Stratocaster.

And don't even get me started on Les Pauls. If you've purchased a
Gibson
Les Paul, you might as well go shoot yourself in the head right now. Agile, LTD, Schecter....these are the REAL Les Pauls. As a matter of fact, Les Paul himself plays a Schecter Hellraiser these days. True.

I was just thinking this after reading through the "high gain marshall" thread.

They can have their clones. Ill keep my Marshalls. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

I was just thinking this after reading through the "high gain marshall" thread.

They can have their clones. Ill keep my Marshalls.
:thu:

:( For the love of all that is holy, at least pop off the Marshall name badges so that people don't think you're mentally retarded! You can probably get a Framus logo on ebay....

• Members

The best Marshall is not Marshall. No matter what you do, if you want the best Marshall, make sure it doesn't say Marshall on it. Get a Splawn, or an Engl

Gibson
Les Paul, you might as well go shoot yourself in the head right now. Agile, LTD, Schecter....these are the REAL Les Pauls. As a matter of fact, Les Paul himself plays a Schecter Hellraiser these days. True.

LOL

• Members

And don't even get me started on Les Pauls. If you've purchased a Gibson Les Paul, you might as well go shoot yourself in the head right now. Agile, LTD, Schecter....these are the REAL Les Pauls. As a matter of fact, Les Paul himself plays a Schecter Hellraiser these days. True.

o'rly? Wow.

Schecter is the {censored}, though, my main axe is a C1+ and I have been eyeing a Hellraiser for some time......

• Members

Originally posted by deadwrong666

Gibson

I had a C1 Elite before I bought my Gibson LP. The Gibson is FAR better. The Schecter had a neck like a rubber band. I was constantly adjusting the truss rod.

• Members

This is a quote from Les Paul, from last month's Guitar World:

Of course, I lent my name to the Gibson Les Paul. I was proud to do so. At the time, I felt like it was the best electric guitar that money could buy and I was glad to be associated with it. But times change. It's a shame to see what Gibson has become these days - the quality just isn't what it used to be. And one day, I received a phone call from Hiroshomo Takai at Schecter. He said, "Res, we make you guitar." He likes to call me Res Par...not sure why. Just his sense of humor I guess. Real nice guy. But anyway, he sent me a guitar to try, and it was incredible. I like that it's affordable, and I like the flexibility and the options available. So I asked Hiroshima if he could make me a Hellraiser in a subtle redburst with skull inlays and a pierced cock engraved on the truss rod cover, and he said, "sure Res, anything for my favorite number one GI". Just a real polite fella, and they make a great guitar.

• Members

Mike when you crank your Plexi through the hot plate you get THE tone. That is the only time in my life I heard an amp get that close to the old EVH tone in my life in person. You got the real thing and it ain't just hype. If we ever go to another amp fest I'm sure your amp will make a lot of heads turn. No pun intended.

• Members
Originally posted by LithiumZero

I had a C1 Elite before I bought my Gibson LP. The Gibson is FAR better. The Schecter had a neck like a rubber band. I was constantly adjusting the truss rod.

I gave my 76 LPC to a friend and now I'm using a couple of Schecters ;)

• Members

Gibson

2.4/10 :(

• Members

This is a quote from Les Paul, from last month's Guitar World:

The judges have come in with an unprecedented score on this one... 15 on a scale of 10!!!!!

Anyone that doesn't think it is funny has NO sense of humor at all!

• Members

On forums and the internet in genaral. Their will always be bias opinions. A gathering to praise and worship one or two brands and {censored} all over the other 500 brands.

EVERY brand that has high end gear, will make products that are able to compete with other companies. Guys like Marshall and Gibson set the standard of what should be and what to strive for.....KICK ASS TONE!

Archived