One of the best quality demos of the Yamaha EX series

AstralWurks

• Members

Thank you, I am so flattered that this is second time when someone posts topic about my EX-5 improvisation :wave:

I totally agree what you said but the video is sadly not best quality because youtube adds horrible compression... I have better mp3 or even original wave file if you seriously need it ;)

• Members

Damn, that thing is LUSH. Thanks for the GAS attack. :poke:

Seriously, the more I listen to the Big Three, the more I think that if you're gonna emulate analog with a ROMpler, it's gotta be Yamaha.

• Members

It's great! sounds great! VL!... but, such a pain to edit.

I had to sell mine - maybe because I had the rack and I always find I'm disconnected form the instrument when it doesn't have its own interface (obviously I don't use a computer/vsts!).

The keyboard does look like a dream though...

• Members

I can tell you, when it's about the most userfriendly user interface of rack mounted digisynth, nothing comes close to Super JD-990 or EX-5®!

EX-5® have such similar soft-button palette as JD-990 but even with wider range. You can have easy access into many places from many ways... no need to go thru same specific menues.

• Members

It's great! sounds great! VL!... but, such a pain to edit.

I had to sell mine - maybe because I had the rack and I always find I'm disconnected form the instrument when it doesn't have its own interface (obviously I don't use a computer/vsts!).

The keyboard does look like a dream though...

It is a dream to play. The Ex5 is probably my favorite non-weighted keybed and control surface.

There was a period from the late 90s to the early 2000s where Yamaha put out some really unusual and inspiring gear -- the FS1R, EX5, RS7000, AN/DX200, and the QY70/100. They've since abandoned all of this in favor of the Motif. Such a shame.

• Members

Still deciding between this (EX-5r) and a TG77

I currently have both the EX5 and SY77 keyboards. If I had to choose, I'd definitely buy the EX5 first. No question. Although I like the SY-77 very much, I tend to use the FDSP, VL, and AN much more in the EX5. Both compliment each other well though so perhaps you should consider getting both somehow.

Archived