Tell me what to upgrade on my Laney LC15R?

Giorgi

• Members
Originally posted by Giorgi

I'm not unhappy with any part, but I just want it sound better.

I want more dist, but that's not really depending on the amp. Perhaps get it a bit louder.

I have really no idea, I just want to upgrade it
:mad:

With no reason? A better speaker(if it still has the original H/H) might make you happier but it may turn out that you like the stock one better. How much experimenting have you done with tubes, mainly the preamp ones? Have you done much messing around slamming the front end for more overdrive?

• Members
Originally posted by Giorgi

dam, I gotta try that.

What pedal would you suggest ?

Anything that gives you a clean to almost clean signal boost with little or no coloration. EQ padals with the gain slider work well. There are clean boost pedals like the SD pickup Booster, MXR Microamp, etc. And lower gain distortion/overdrive pedals have been used for many years this way by leaving the gain way down and the level high on the pedal's controls. That's the main thing that the Tube Screamer has always been used for.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Anything that gives you a clean to almost clean signal boost with little or no coloration. EQ padals with the gain slider work well. There are clean boost pedals like the SD pickup Booster, MXR Microamp, etc. And lower gain distortion/overdrive pedals have been used for many years this way by leaving the gain way down and the level high on the pedal's controls. That's the main thing that the Tube Screamer has always been used for.

Ok thanks.

:wave: :wave:

:thu:

Archived