Classical music question - Stabat Mater (Pergolesi version)

• Members

Update on this project... it's definitely a challenge, but I'm learning a lot about Baroque orchestration!... I finally got the "Violin I" part down that was giving me problems.

This is a quick audio (totally un-mixed) of what I got so far... yeah, I know... I'm no Walter Carlos but I'm trying :D :

Stabat Mater Dolorosa (take 4).mp3

Suggestions, comments appreciated!

Breakdown of what's still left to do (besides learning to read the "C" viola clef which I've never used in my life before...)

Cello & Bass (Memorymoog) = completed

Organ continuo (actually, I'm just doubling the bass) Memorymoog = completed

Violin II (Memorymoog) = completed

Violin I (Memorymoog) = completed

Viola (Memorymoog) = to do

Alto vox (Synthesizers.com) = to do

Soprano vox (Synthesizers.com) = to do

• Members

Any chance the memorymoog can use a non-equal temperament? Not sure what would be best for a piece in F minor (sort-of). Not Werkmeister (best in sharp keys) but maybe another "well" temperament that favors flat keys.

Yep, the Memorymoog has a non-equal temperament setting: it's called "Don't press the Auto Tune button" :D

• Members

So, Paolo; finished yet? Let's hear it!
:D

I finished it :D

My first "switched on" project.

It really took quite a bit of effort, but I'm happy I persevered. I think Pergolesi's Stabat Mater is a very moving (master)piece.

Here's the music and a quick video, let me know what you guys think :)

XsVC3EetqdI

• Members

Thank you Purity

You're right about the sounds. I wanted to use the dot.com for all sounds, but only have two Q106s, and have to use one as LFO - so I couldn't do the bass and organ sounds as I wanted them. The Memorymoog is a great instrument but perhaps a bit too "rough" for this type of composition that's supposed to be "gentle". I've ordered another Q106 (and a filter) and should get them tomorrow...

Archived