Attn Mods: Your 'upgrade' Sucks

sfacechamp

• Members

Originally posted by sfacechamp

I think maybe you need to {censored} off and shut the {censored} up. If you don't like what's being said, don't {censored}ing read it, ok {censored}er?

Still acting like a rocket scientist, I see.

Sniffed any corks lately?

Lord Valve

Expert

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well it is pretty lame that they made some upgrades that a barely noticable and half of us get screwed out of our old user names. Here.. Ive sent atleat 15 Email requests for re-verification, and about 3 emails to whoever runs the forums. Still nothing.. no emails back.. Nothing.

• Members
Originally posted by CaseyDUDE

Well it is pretty lame that they made some upgrades that a barely noticable and half of us get screwed out of our old user names. Here.. Ive sent atleat 15 Email requests for re-verification, and about 3 emails to whoever runs the forums. Still nothing.. no emails back.. Nothing.

Thanks
:D

I agree, and I don't think its entirely HC's fault. Hotmail sucks, and I've had other emails get bounced out. What's frustrating is that there is no other way to reset the password, and there has been no reply from any of the admins.

Oh well.

• Members
Originally posted by Lord Valve

Still acting like a rocket scientist, I see.

Also, I would assume someone of your obviously high intellect would never post anything defamatory or derogative about anyone, because that would make you a hypocrite, right?

Then this post from the duncanamps board must be from another Lord Valve, huh?

Did anyone mention that you're a {censored}?

:eek:Link

• Members
Originally posted by CaseyMAN

I forgot that I always got annoying emails from HC so I marked it as spam which blocked it. I had to search aryou yahoo mail real quick and there it was. Requested email again and Bataboom batabing.

Dammit.

I don't have HC on any spam lists via Hotmail. I guess it's just lost on the internets in one of the series of tubes. Maybe I can find it with 'The Google.' :idea:

• Members

Originally posted by blackfacechamp

Look, I've addressed this through the proper channels and got nowhere. That was prior to putting up the thread. If you don't know the full situation, please stay out of it and refrain from the dickhead comments. You're a cool guy, but man lay off on the BS. I'm sick of you guys and your posts about everybody who says anything. If you had tried to fix it like I have, and got nowhere, you'd have taken similar steps. Not to mention there are numerous other threads about this very same thing and you don't flame them. Again, you guys are all cool guys, but the jackass comments don't really help anything, thanks.

You're just getting worked up about something that's totally meaningless. You have a new monkier, people know who you are, get over it. There are more pressing issues in life to sweat than your HC account not working.

• Members

Originally posted by sfacechamp

everybody knows post count is indicative of the validity of your opinion on anything and is an infallible measure of intelligence.

Nah, I think this thread will be a helpful determining factor for many. Don't sweat it.

And I'm sure the mods are all over this, trying to get things all fixed up for you, since you asked so nicely.

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

Nah, I think this thread will be a helpful determining factor for many. Don't sweat it.

And I'm sure the mods are all over this, trying to get things all fixed up for you, since you asked so nicely.

I did ask nicely, but it got me nowhere.

Thanks though Bob. Your level headed opinions are always appreciated.

• Members
Originally posted by blackfacechamp

Also, I would assume someone of your obviously high intellect would never post anything defamatory or derogative about anyone, because that would make you a hypocrite, right?

Then this post from the duncanamps board must be from another Lord Valve, huh?

:eek:
Link

A) That's not from the Duncan Amps board it's
from rec.audio.tubes. Please try to get your
{censored} together, junior.

B) The {censored} in question was bashing Duncan Munro,
a dude who operates one of the *best* tube sites
on the Net. In fact, my biasing article is archived
there; it's been downloaded many thousands of
times.

C) Did anyone mention that you are a {censored}?
OK, I'll do it: You're a {censored}.

'Nuff said.

Lord Valve
Expert

• Members

So I had to create this stupid account! :mad: I cannot reset my account -- Verizon simply will not allow HC's auto-generate e-mails through to me. Looks as if Verizon sees it as SPAM and are blocking/filtering it at the proxy level. :cry:

So I e-mail a moderator about it, and got this wonderfully informative reply. Please read it, and see if it's just me who doesn't understand it?

----- Original Message -----
To: "William J. Buckley"
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: Problem with HC account since upgrade

Bill,
Your registered e-mail address with Harmony Central is not the
vze1wey8@verizon.net
Instead it is vze1wey8@verizon.net
I have auto e-mailed the password to that account.
If you want the e-mail address updated to the e-mail you are sending from, let me know and I will change it.
Thanks
DJ

:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by BeelzeBuck

So I had to create this stupid account!
:mad:
I
cannot
reset my account -- Verizon simply will not allow HC's auto-generate e-mails through to me. Looks as if Verizon sees it as SPAM and are blocking/filtering it at the proxy level.
:cry:

So I e-mail a moderator about it, and got this wonderfully informative reply. Please read it, and see if it's just me who doesn't understand it?

Bill,

vze1wey8@verizon.net

Instead it is
vze1wey8@verizon.net

If you want the e-mail address updated to the e-mail you are sending from, let me know and I will change it.

Thanks

DJ

PM Lee Flier and tell her the situation. Ask her to manually give you a password for your old user name. She will help you out. :idea:

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by BeelzeBuck

So I had to create this stupid account!
:mad:
I
cannot
reset my account -- Verizon simply will not allow HC's auto-generate e-mails through to me. Looks as if Verizon sees it as SPAM and are blocking/filtering it at the proxy level.
:cry:

Bill,

vze1wey8@verizon.net

Instead it is
vze1wey8@verizon.net

Thanks

DJ

that's weird...
looks like the same email to me..LOL

anywho, I'm havin' the same problem..not getting any password email...I'm also registered under verizon.net

maybe that's the problem? I emailed the boards using the contact us link at the bottom..but I sent it from my verizon..so who knows if I'll even get a reply...I also emailed the mod....this is gettin' on my nerves..

• Members
Originally posted by Casey4s

I look at it this way, (strictly IMO) I am using this forum for FREE. The owners are under no obligation to provide me with entertainment and resources so I appreciate the gift of this forum.

Whatever problems arise I am sure the webmasters will try to resolve as soon as possible, just inform them what the problems are.

Relax guys, better days are ahead for this
FREE
service.

damn right bud.

I'm not complaining because of this...of course, the search function was friggin' handy and pretty much the thing I used most...but that's like giving {censored} to somebody who gives you a freebie because it isn't what you wanted

All forums have a search option though, I'm pretty sure it's a matter of time before it comes back..it prevents many repetitive posts to be started when the info is right there and let you find threads in which you posted for looking at any useful replies.

I say it's gonna be back, so some people gotta calm down and enjoy some free time that can be spent outside HC for once :D

Archived