Just got high for the first time in 5 years!!!!!!

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

OMG!.......I feel f`n great. :cool:

I quit smoking weed about five years ago. Just quit cold turkey. I didn`t want to do it any more. With the health risks of smoking, the risk of loosing my job and being confined to only hanging around other smokers, I just didn`t want to do it any more.

Long story short...My wife and I caught our 13 year old with a bud of smoke. I confiscated it for "disposal". That was a couple of days ago. Tonight I broke it up and made a little pipe. I guess I shouldn`t have, but what the hell. It`s just one good little bud and then it`s gone again. I still don`t feel the need to start again, but I did miss the taste of some nice herb.

Anyway, I feel awesome. Too bad it`s so late at night here. I want to jam the Single Recto pretty bad. My fingers are itching. Decided to put on a good DVD intead. Watching Machine Head`s "Elegies" DVD right now. Getting ready to eat some hot wings. This is just like a vacation at home. The wife and kids are in bed asleep and I`m all by myself. Makes me think about sneaking in a woman to chew on..........

Eric

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL well done! "disposal" LOL i havent smoked in a good while...i only do it on occasion and not even very much at that. im a cheap smoker, and a cheap drinker :) i stay that way for good reasons...its cheap! LOL

so, are you going to talk to your son about it and the dangers of it? just wondering...if it were me, id be like "look, its not that bad, but keep it on the DL so your mom doesnt get pissed...just share it with me sometimes!" LMAO! id be more concerned of my kid getting into harder drugs (which to me isnt really a danger if you have your head on straight, which a lot of people DONT!) or getting in with the wrong people (the people who do nothing but smoke and thats all their lives consist of). ive known way too many of these people...:(

enjoy it while ya got it man...hot wings do sound good right now...

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

HAHAHAH.

great story mang.

I've having my 30th martini this week. my parents were on vacation, so I had to drink here at their house all week.

I slept on the kitchen flor last night.
:thu::love:
:love:

LOL kitchen floor! i slept on someones living room floor once after half a bottle of Cuervo :freak: just straight Cuervo :freak: what a night that was...

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

13 is pretty young for weed, right?. you knew this would happen.

your kid is going to have tons of premarital intercourse.

the raven brought the curse of blood.

the first sin was intercourse

eve was weak

eve was weak

I think 13 is too young for any drug, but I understand completely what he is going through. He`s a year ahead of everyone in his grade. He`s having a hard time fitting in at school. Following along with whoever. Typical teen stuff, but I would rather he stay away from smoking at all.

Eric

• Members

I dont think you taking his weed is going to stop him from getting more.

It will for the temporary, but only until he finds the means to get more. He will get some again.

So instead of beating around the bush, I think its a good time for you to give him the run-down about drugs. Instead of just saying "I FORBID YOU TO DO THAT!" and then schmoke his green like a bent cop, I think talking to him about what it does to you, the good and the bad, so he'll understand that your just trying to be a good father, and not "the man" who is out to keep him from having fun and being cool.

Let him know that you definately don't want him to do it, but your gonna trust him to make the right decisions. That way, if he has any decency he'll feel obligated to honor your trust.

I'm 18, btw. I just went though my teenage years, and I know that when you tell them NO they CANNOT DO THIS, then they will just see you as an opponent and do whatever it was anyway. If you give them reasoning, they'll likely change their habits, and the trust can build.

• Members

Originally posted by RG550

I dont think you taking his weed is going to stop him from getting more.

It will for the temporary, but only until he finds the means to get more. He will get some again.

So instead of beating around the bush, I think its a good time for you to give him the run-down about drugs. Instead of just saying "I FORBID YOU TO DO THAT!" and then schmoke his green like a bent cop, I think talking to him about what it does to you, the good and the bad, so he'll understand that your just trying to be a good father, and not "the man" who is out to keep him from having fun and being cool.

Let him know that you definately don't want him to do it, but your gonna trust him to make the right decisions. That way, if he has any decency he'll feel obligated to honor your trust.

I'm 18, btw. I just went though my teenage years, and I know that when you tell them NO they CANNOT DO THIS, then they will just see you as an opponent and do whatever it was anyway. If you give them reasoning, they'll likely change their habits, and the trust can build.

Dude, you are taking this way too serious. I`ve always been very open with my kids about drugs and my past use. I don`t just forbid them, I explain why from the standpoint of someone who actually used to have the habit.

It`s just a good idea to keep your head straight at the age of 13. He` needs to know the truth about what it can and will cost him.

Anyway, who gives a rats ass about him right now. I`m stoned and he`s asleep. The hotwings were awesome by the way.

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Dude, you are taking this way too serious. I`ve always been very open with my kids about drugs and my past use. I don`t just forbid them, I explain why from the standpoint of someone who actually used to have the habit.

It`s just a good idea to keep your head straight at the age of 13. He` needs to know the truth about what it can and will cost him.

Anyway, who gives a tats ass about him right now. I`m stoned and he`s asleep. The hotwings were awesome by the way.

Eric

No worries, I didn't really know where you stood on the issue.

• Members

A little off topic, but I quit only 4 days ago after almost 2 years of excessive daily smoking, and so far I don't feel very different. However, it was affecting me in a negative way in school and socially (especially with women) so I'm very happy I finally took the initiative to put the drug behind me and live life normally as opposed to masking life with weed.

• Members

Originally posted by beno

A little off topic, but I quit only 4 days ago after almost 2 years of excessive daily smoking, and so far I don't feel very different. However, it was affecting me in a negative way in school and socially (especially with women) so I'm very happy I finally took the initiative to put the drug behind me and live life normally as opposed to masking life with weed.

That`s the way I felt when I quit. I just wasn`t happy with it any more. And I have no desire to go back. I`m perfectly happy not smoking, but I couldn`t pass up that one little free bud. Got a nice bowl out of it. I`ll sleep like an angel tonight. :bor:

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

That`s the way I felt when I quit. I just wasn`t happy with it any more. And I have no desire to go back. I`m perfectly happy not smoking, but I couldn`t pass up that one little free bud. Got a nice bowl out of it. I`ll sleep like an angel tonight.
:bor:

Eric

lol yea...should be a good night sleep!

I'm not saying I'll never smoke again, but for now I need to get my life back on track...but hell, for all I know I'll be toking to celebrate the new year! lol

• Members

Hey...you had an aweseome date with yoruself! :thu: I'm a family man too, one of the reasons I like to stay up late....sometimes the king just needs some alone time...away from all the responsibilities of being a REAL Father and Husband. Youshould do it a *little* more often.;)

Now about the kid....sometimes "reasoning" just doesn't work. Not only are humans NOT built like that, but especially KIDS. I admire you for your patience and empathy, but for the sake of your kid, you'll have to remember your duties as a Father. Sometimes it's unpleasant to do the "tough love" thing , it can be very difficult. But the fact that you ARE a caring father will allow you to perform that "tough love" since you're not abusing him regularly....it will actually mean something.

I think you might need to lay down some harder rules. Maybe give him one more chance. At this point in his life, the bud isn't recreation. It's an escape, an easy way out. Could make things VERY difficult for him and you in the coming years.

Yes, maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but take it FWIW.

• Members

i used to smoke daily back in the "day" until one time i just "greened out" for some reason. i just got real sick and puked for 4 hours. i havent touched it since and its probably for the better because if it wasnt for that id probly be a cokehead with pawned gear.

• Members

Originally posted by 17 Tubes

Hey...you had an aweseome date with yoruself!
:thu:
I'm a family man too, one of the reasons I like to stay up late....sometimes the king just needs some alone time...away from all the responsibilities of being a REAL Father and Husband. Youshould do it a *little* more often.
;)

Now about the kid....sometimes "reasoning" just doesn't work. Not only are humans NOT built like that, but especially KIDS. I admire you for your patience and empathy, but for the sake of your kid, you'll have to remember your duties as a Father. Sometimes it's unpleasant to do the "tough love" thing , it can be very difficult. But the fact that you ARE a caring father will allow you to perform that "tough love" since you're not abusing him regularly....it will actually mean something.

I think you might need to lay down some harder rules. Maybe give him one more chance. At this point in his life, the bud isn't recreation. It's an escape, an easy way out. Could make things VERY difficult for him and you in the coming years.

Yes, maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but take it FWIW.

Poor little guy got his ass smoked for this screw up. He`s going to be going to some counceling starting next week to help him cope with being around the older kids and to help him make better dicisions. He had to get his hair cut and he`s on sports probation and grounded.

I hated to make him get his hair cut, but I thought that would be one of the best ways to show him that his actions have consequences. He had that stupid semi-long mop haircut that all the kids have now. It looked terrible on him, but I let him choose. Getting it cut off was a perfect way of showing that not all choices are wise or right. He can grow it back, but he will remember the whole time.

I just have to keep a closer eye on him as he is so influenced by the older kids he goes to school with. That`s one of the down falls about him being a grade ahead of everyone else.

Eric

Archived