Another KT77 Thread

Panzerfoust

• Members

I tried the KT77's in my Uberschall. I prefer the Tesla EL34's but the KT77 do have their good points. Cleaner and tighter low end. But The EL34's sound more vintage to me and the Uber is heavy enough and doesn't really need more low end.

I also tried the KT77 in my JMP 2203 Marshall, I prefer the Groove Tube GE-6CA7's. The GE remakes have even more tighter low end than the KT77's but cost a hell of a lot more too. I bet the KT77's sound better than EL34's in the Marshall. Again I have the 6CA7's in my Marshall and they can't compare.

I would imagine the KT77's would kick ass in some amps.

• Members

I'm wanting to try some KT-77's or 6CA7's in my SL-X. I don't know enough about either type to make the call yet. I want to tighten this thing up in the low/low mids. I just don't want to give up any of the upper mids that I love in EL34's. I even like the E 34L's.

If they'll both drop straight into an EL34 amp, couldn't I run a pair of each? :D

• Members

I have the KT-77 tube in my Splawn and love it. You definitely don't lose that vintage feel with the KT-77s. The only thing it does is tighten everything up. The mids are more usable in my amp. I can put the mids at 9:00 on my amp with KT-77s and it still sounds great wheras it seemed like my sound cut through as well at 9:00 with the EL-34s.

Archived