OT: is there a doctor in the house? puffy eyelid

bluesboy

• Members

My bottom right eyelid has had a puffy lump on it, on the side more towards my ear for a few weeks now, and it's recently started to hurt. It's soft, and looks kind of like a bugbite. Im going to the doctor on friday to get it checked out, but i was just wondering if anyone here has/had the same thing, and what it turned out to be for you/ how did you get rid of it. Im a little nervous here. cheers,

bb

• Members

probably a sty, basically a zit in your eyelid... soak it with a warm cloth a couple of times a day, doctor will probably give you some topical medicine to help it on its way. nothing major, just gotta keep your hands clean and your fingers away from your eyes.

• Members

hehe... if spiders came out of my eye i would probably die of a heart attack. I thought a sty was like a pimple on your eyelid. this is not like that... it is not red, and has not "come to a head." it's been there forthree weeks, I thought stys came out and went away faster than that.

• Members

Originally posted by bluesboy

My bottom right eyelid has had a puffy lump on it, on the side more towards my ear for a few weeks now, and it's recently started to hurt. It's soft, and looks kind of like a bugbite. Im going to the doctor on friday to get it checked out, but i was just wondering if anyone here has/had the same thing, and what it turned out to be for you/ how did you get rid of it. Im a little nervous here. cheers,

bb

We have so many engineers here and not enough doctors!

• Members

Originally posted by jnmartin

probably a sty, basically a zit in your eyelid... soak it with a warm cloth a couple of times a day, doctor will probably give you some topical medicine to help it on its way. nothing major, just gotta keep your hands clean and your fingers away from your eyes.

+1, I have one right now.

Archived