Any other musician there doing music in spontaneous way?

AnalogGuy

• Members

I have been training and seeking ways to do music thru direct improvisation. Best way to describe it is to do these things at the same time;

Recording, arranging and performing, instantly live!

Anyone other there doing music in a similar way, improvising and experimenting?

• Members

Anyway, what happened to your Equinox, my Finnish friend? Did you decide to let go of it?

Sadly I was in a situation where something just had to sell away in order to get funds for my Yamaha CP-60M.

It wasn't easy decision but I eventually realized that the properties of Equinox were more or less practically feasible (excluding it's unique sounds). I have already arpeggiators and pattern based grooves with Yamaha EX-5r and the sound engine is almost identical to my Generalmusic S3 Turbo although soundwise it wasn't as good (S2/S3 uses 18-bit converters whereas I believe Equinox uses only 16-bit) althought Equinox was capable of totally unsurpassed ultra-multitimbral things.

Also because of Yamaha CP-60M I ran out of space so that was another reason to sell my 88-keys Equinox away.

Surely I am missing it but perhaps I will buy it again in future.

• Members

I play in an improvisational ensemble called SpiritMoves (www.spiritmovesmusic.com). It's a seven piece group and I play electric guitar with lots of effects, midi guitar-synth, and keyboard (mostly ambient pads and textures). Also in the group are acoustic guitar, bass, keyboard/flute, percussion, cello, and Enya-style female vocals. All the music is created entirely on the spot and includes elements of ambient, new age, jazz, rock, and world music. We never know what we are going to play until someone starts and the other musicians listen and enter as they feel inspired. We've been playing local gigs and getting great response. It' definitely a very different experience from other bands I've been in where we'd spend a lot of time learning songs, rehearsing, and getting tight on them.

Archived