Clavia is releasing something new could it be a new Nordlead?

tangerine

• Members

I hope that it is a synth, Nordlead 4 with FX and more voices.

Or just another nord electro or nord stage?

What do you think?

:eek:

A follow up to the Lead 3 or any of the G modulars would be very interesting.. Look forward to that... 2011 the year of the VA may be ;-)

• Members

Nord Stage with added sample playback, up-to-date organ and expanded memory, or Nord Piano 76.

In my opinion, this is the most feasible, and also the most boring of the responses so far. I'm not saying I don't like the stage, in fact quite the opposite. One of the few boards I still GAS over from time-to-time are the Stage-EX compact and the Electro.

Other ideas here like a G3 or something bridging and expanding on the Lead and Wave series would be cool.

• Members

A mix-n-match model that resembles the Stage EX? Nord's products confuse me - too much overlap with too many similar products.

It's exactly the model I've been waiting for!

It actually removes confusion from the line. It used to be "You want to upgrade from the Electro 3 to a step up model that adds multitimbral capability, more MIDI controller functionality, and a better keyboard? That's the Stage EX... except the organ isn't as good, and you lose the sample library. You want to upgrade from the Nord Piano to something with more capability? That's the Stage EX... except it's got half the RAM." With most companies, when they sell you up the line through similar-architecture models, you get more; up until now, with Nord, you always lost something along the way. Now you can get it all in one board, if your budget can handle it. Now the Stage is clearly a true step up model to both the organ-centric Electro and the Nord Piano, instead of being a mish-mash of features that always involved a trade-off compared to sticking with something cheaper.

(Of course, they also have their line of synths, but I think of that as its own series... the Stage 2 does have a synth section, but it's clearly more limited than the dedicated synths, which are a different market from the "bread and butter" boards.)

• Members

It's exactly the model I've been waiting for!

It actually removes confusion from the line. It used to be "You want to upgrade from the Electro 3 to a step up model that adds multitimbral capability, more MIDI controller functionality, and a better keyboard? That's the Stage EX... except the organ isn't as good, and you lose the sample library. You want to upgrade from the Nord Piano to something with more capability? That's the Stage EX... except it's got half the RAM." With most companies, when they sell you up the line through similar-architecture models, you get more; up until now, with Nord, you always lost something along the way. Now you can get it all in one board, if your budget can handle it. Now the Stage is clearly a true step up model to both the organ-centric Electro and the Nord Piano, instead of being a mish-mash of features that always involved a trade-off compared to sticking with something cheaper.

(Of course, they also have their line of synths, but I think of that as its own series... the Stage 2 does have a synth section, but it's clearly more limited than the dedicated synths, which are a different market from the "bread and butter" boards.)

So the Stage 2 is not really an upgrade from everything in the Nord line. Perhaps if a Wave or G2 engine module were dropped into place for the synth module...

Archived