KORG RADIAS: Why don't you have one?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a great place for a synthesizer. Must be a joy to use and operate it.
:facepalm:

I took that photo at the same time that the Radias R was delivered. Before taking the picture I placed it there because it was the only 5-rack space available. It's in a different location in my studio now, but at any rate, probably you've never heard of a protocol called "MIDI": it allows you to change any parameter of a synth, independently of its location. Your Fruityloops should have it.

• Members

Yep - who'da thunkit? I mean a VA sounding so good emulating an EP.

I mean Rhodes, DX, Wurlies etc...

YES. My R3 has stellar EPs. I have a layered DX EP with some analog strings. Its a pretty sweet patch. The factory Wurlie patch isn't half bad either.

• Members
Don't try and be cute, is my advice... you know you're on eternal probation from now on, after what you've done...

...which of course, could be all forgotten if you repent and bow down to El Puppo NAO

I'll start taking advice from you when and only when I see The Firey Hand of God coming towardst me ...

"Bow down?" For real ... ??? Is that what passes for fun in your circle ... ???

In mine, it's called sex ...

And BTW, the forumites here don't need a leader ... They need a ladder ...

Oh, and HAI ... !!! :wave:

So when life throws you lemons ... Throw a lemon party ... !!!

• Members

Easily my favorite V/A I've played yet. Reminds me of the Elektron Monomachine but has a slicker sound (better filter).

I worked a music store, when the economy was at it's worst. Only thing that cured my boredom was playing the Radius. Certain presets you just had to tweak the filter a smig ... and the only way I could decribe it was "tall".

Major improvement over the MS2000/MicroKorg. God I hate those.

• Members

I think the Radias -- though a radically different synth in interface and sound -- is a lot like the much older Roland SH-32: it's a small, quirky synth with some design aspects that seem odd, confusing, crippled etc. if you're expecting a full-on copy of standard VA architecture.

As with the SH-32, though, it's far more flexible than it might seem with all the above potential caveats, and it has a combination of features and an interface design that inspires interesting new sound-sculpting.

Like the SH-32, a decade after its release it'll still be around and when all the catcalls that were there at launch die down, people will be on forums raving about how cheap the synth is and posting demos that are "awesome."

Archived