Here's one thing I'd like Korg to make... (RichF, are you there?)

evildragon

• Members

while we're dreaming, why has nobody made an over knobbed mega-controller, just usb for VSTs?? 17 to 20 knobs is nice, but I rather have 40 or 50 plus knobs and sliders to assign/control ALL the little programming stuff from my VST instruments.

• Members

while we're dreaming, why has nobody made an over knobbed mega-controller, just usb for VSTs?? 17 to 20 knobs is nice, but I rather have 40 or 50 plus knobs and sliders to assign/control ALL the little programming stuff from my VST instruments.

Probably because they figure no one would go to the trouble of setting up that many knobs for software. Beyond a certain number of knobs, it becomes a bit much to remember which knob does what. They'd probably have to give each knob a mini LCD display, which would drive up the cost.

• Members

Nobody I know has 4 hands, and it'd look kinda' funny playing it with two hands and two feet.
:lol:

You could have 4 separate people playing it, but they'd be better off with their own pads.

I don't think there's much of a market for it.
:idk:

I think the idea would be to have each pad set up with its own two parameters (e.g. pad 1 = cutoff/resonance, pad 2=volume/pan, etc.), so that you can alternate between pads in real time.

• Members

Ahahaha. The d-beam was a joke, right?

Take the D-beam out and make it 16 larger pads and I think you have a winner in your hands
:)

KORG ARE YOU LISTENING
:)

Four pads in the space of one X/Y pad for a total of eight would make them a bit more playable.

• Members

I think the idea would be to have each pad set up with its own two parameters (e.g. pad 1 = cutoff/resonance, pad 2=volume/pan, etc.), so that you can alternate between pads in real time.

Exactly my point. Primarily it's much easier to control the VSTi which have multiple XY pad interfaces (like aforementioned Alchemy, Zebra 2, etc.)

• Members

I'm definitely here, sorry I'm not as present as I usually am. I'm a bit busy these days. :)

That's quite a frankenbeast this has turned into... but I definitely see the appeal of multiple touchpads. Great ideas as usual, guys.

Archived