Any love for the Akai Mineak?

• Members

...How does it compare to similar offerings by Roland, Korg etc.? Thanks for all comments.

I usually download the manuals for things I want to compare, to see what kind of features they offer. After that, it's a trip to a music store where you can try them out while having some kind of idea what you're doing. I like the Micron/MiniAK.

• Members

That it was developed in conjuction with Alesis is a strong selling point, IMO.

With all the keyboards they've discontinued in the last 5 years, I wouldn't consider Alesis a strong anything at this point.

Great ideas, but lousy support.

:rolleyes:

• Members

The one I happen to own is MineAK. :)

But seriously, if you can get one for under $300 like I did, it's a decent deal. Nice little synth. The vocoder is nothing to write home about, but it does some sharp basses, leads, and smooth pads, the filter isn't real notchy, I like the keybed, and the multitimbrality and effects are a nice bonus.

I got it just for fun, and it hasn't let me down. Great for toying around in my La Z Boy recliner.

• Members

The one I happen to own is
Mine
AK.
:)

But seriously, if you can get one for under $300 like I did, it's a decent deal. Nice little synth. The vocoder is nothing to write home about, but it does some sharp basses, leads, and smooth pads, the filter isn't real notchy, I like the keybed, and the multitimbrality and effects are a nice bonus.

I got it just for fun, and it hasn't let me down. Great for toying around in my La Z Boy recliner.

I tested the mic on mine, its not a great quality one, I assume for live work they need that response (shields out external noise and you shout into it) for better studio results try a decent mic ... I will when I get round to it...

Great little synth for the low cost as you say...

• Members

I tested the mic on mine, its not a great quality one, I assume for live work they need that response (shields out external noise and you shout into it) for better studio results try a decent mic ... I will when I get round to it...

Yeah, the guy who sold me mine (an Akai rep, actually) also mentioned that the vocoder sounds better through a decent mic.

• Members

Yeah, the guy who sold me mine (an Akai rep, actually) also mentioned that the vocoder sounds better through a decent mic.

Hey thanks, so the reps agree too, now I am sure my Mic is not faulty :lol:

I have an old mic I do not use, I am tempted to stick the element into the MiniAk goose neck to make it suit my never to be gigged set up

:wave:

Archived