Rocktron Prophesy II

Sandman31774

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm thinking either a Mesa or VHT... I've got a Mesa 50/50 that I'm gunna try it with. I was all about the Prophesy but I purchased an FJA modded Peavey Rock Master and I cannot possibly see how the Prophesy is going to win (in terms of preamps sounds). Shoot me a PM and I'll reply back with results in about a week.

Megadeth uses Marshall EL34 100/100 with it

• Members

I have had mine for about a week...i posted something about it the other day but it was completely ignored...LOL...Anyway the sounds are great for certain applications....The mega-Crunch setting is suprisingly good and with the right eq it will sound THICK AS HELL...The vintage British setting is GREAT.....It lacks the warmth of tube for sure, but it is VERY close. There are a bunch of things that annoy me about it. 1. There are NO USER presets...in other words if you find a preset that you like but want to alter it a bit, you cannot save that altered patch to a user bank...you have to save over the original preset!!!! Its f'n stoooooopid! Also there arent any numbers on the display so to scroll through the preset menu's you have to turn the knob to you desired preset...no big deal right! Well, i happen to like preset #66 and i also like preset #1...i have to f'n scroll 65 places in order to go to the previous preset....again f'n STOOOOOOPiD! The effects are good, not great but very good. Modulation effects are good but need serious tweaking...Reverbs are lush but again, need serious tweaking. Duycking delay is awesome, but i wish the parameters were a bit different. Overall this is the best unit i have tried, it is an all in one that doesnt do anything the best, but does a lot of stuff really well. Rocktron came close to something really great, i just wish they did a couple of things differently. The best option for me was the dedicated preamp button on the unit. You can turn the preamp on/off which is great if you run this with another rig....i have tons of sounds at my disposal. I hope this helps....

• Members
Originally posted by jnurp

I have had mine for about a week...i posted something about it the other day but it was completely ignored...LOL...Anyway the sounds are great for certain applications....The mega-Crunch setting is suprisingly good and with the right eq it will sound THICK AS HELL...The vintage British setting is GREAT.....It lacks the warmth of tube for sure, but it is VERY close. There are a bunch of things that annoy me about it. 1. There are NO USER presets...in other words if you find a preset that you like but want to alter it a bit, you cannot save that altered patch to a user bank...you have to save over the original preset!!!! Its f'n stoooooopid! Also there arent any numbers on the display so to scroll through the preset menu's you have to turn the knob to you desired preset...no big deal right! Well, i happen to like preset #66 and i also like preset #1...i have to f'n scroll 65 places in order to go to the previous preset....again f'n STOOOOOOPiD! The effects are good, not great but very good. Modulation effects are good but need serious tweaking...Reverbs are lush but again, need serious tweaking. Duycking delay is awesome, but i wish the parameters were a bit different. Overall this is the best unit i have tried, it is an all in one that doesnt do anything the best, but does a lot of stuff really well. Rocktron came close to something really great, i just wish they did a couple of things differently. The best option for me was the dedicated preamp button on the unit. You can turn the preamp on/off which is great if you run this with another rig....i have tons of sounds at my disposal. I hope this helps....

man that sounds like one too many "{censored}in stoooopid"s for something that costs a thousand dollars.:wave:

• Members

So bassicaly its missing User Presets and Swap Preset function.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

KOREAN KOREAN KOREAN KOREAN KOREAN KOREAN KOREAN

GHS won't fix it.

the USA-made piranha + USA-made intellifex is a much better buy.

or even USA-made Blackface chameleon or original voodoo valve.

Are you saying it doesn't have a warranty? I'm pretty sure it does.

I found my original Chameleon >>>>>>>>>Piranha. Didn't like the Piranha. Was too harsh. I seriously doubt the Chameleon holds a candle to the Prophesy. The Chameleon was cool and all... but was defintely nothing special. My Peavey Rock Master and XXL both are better preamps.

I've never tried the VooDu Valve. I hear it records well, has both nice preamps and effects. I also hear it isn't that great live, and when using preamps+effects the processing power suffers and degrades some tone. Also the lack of knobs make it harder to tweak.

Rusty Cooley's band Outworld apparently recorded their whole CD with the Prophesy and the tone is pretty crushing.

We'll see when it gets here. I would love for the Prophesy to replace my Rock Master because it is SO much more convienent, but somehow I'm doubting it.

• Members

Originally posted by Cooker

So bassicaly its missing User Presets and Swap Preset function.

Yes and No...it IS missing user presets which I cannot get over....Even my Alesis Quadraverb from 10 years ago had user presets....You can swap a preset, but i dont like to do that at first because i use the original preset as a reference point until the desired patch is attained by constant tweaking over time. It does not work well in the effects loop of my Cobra(parallel loop)...i swear, nothing works well in the Cobra loop...that is for another thread!

• Members

Yes and No...it IS missing user presets which I cannot get over....Even my Alesis Quadraverb from 10 years ago had user presets....You can swap a preset, but i dont like to do that at first because i use the original preset as a reference point until the desired patch is attained by constant tweaking over time. It does not work well in the effects loop of my Cobra(parallel loop)...i swear, nothing works well in the Cobra loop...that is for another thread!

Well at least it has patch swap so you can put all the ones you like in the first couple banks. I admit I didn't notice User Preset thing when I was researching it. That baffles me, really really strange it doesnt have it. Is there any reasoning I wonder?

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist17

god damn, that thing sounds {censored}ing great, makes me want one bad. that is the first time ive thought about just buying a preamp like that, and using it as my main live rig, everything i need, right there, in one box, and one pedal.....damn thats nice haha

I think you should get one too.

Archived