Favourite Mesa under $1000 (USED)

Bassified

• Members

Originally posted by planet shh

for that price you wont beat a rectoverb or an F50, or F30

I guess....actually a few used Mesas are in that price range.

I'm not sure if the Rectoverb is the right amp for me. How are the cleans on that? I mean, I'm using a Mark IIB now and I like the cleans and distortion, so if I get a different Boogie (through trade or if I sell my IIB or something), I expect as good cleans and distortion, but a seperate EQ for each channel.

• Members

Originally posted by Bassified

Wow, that's pretty cheap! Well...for a Boogie...you know how much it weighs?

I'm still looking at the F-30. WHat differences will I find between the DC-5 and F-30?

As far as cleans, distortion, and ease of use.

The F-30 is 47 lbs. The DC-5 about the same.

I have not played through any of the F series amps yet so I can't comment on the difference.

One obvious difference would be the graphic eq on the DC-5.

I can't live without that feature now.

The DC-5 is out of production but you can find a few on ebay pretty regularly.

• Members
Originally posted by formisano

I've been very satisfied with my DC-5. When I purchased it, I compared it with the Nomad series. The "F" series wasn't out yet. From what I understand, the "F" series is the successor to the "DC" series, but without the graphic EQ and with fewer gain stages. The DC has 6 preamp tubes. The F series has 4 or 5.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of them. They're all great. Just try them out first to make sure they've got what you need. I needed the graphic, and I was lucky to find a new, old stock DC-5 that had never been sold about a year or two after they were no longer made. I'll never sell it!
:thu:

The F-series has as much gain as the Rectifiers. :)

• Members

$1000 cad.

What's a good amp with 2 channels that have awesome cleans and lead. Preferbly something with seperate EQ on each channel, so changing the EQ on the clean won't really affect the lead.

I like the F-series, but can someone give me some info on Maverick's and the DC amp and how they differ to an F-series.

My Tremoverb combo

:cool:

• Members

$1000 cad.

What's a good amp with 2 channels that have awesome cleans and lead. Preferbly something with seperate EQ on each channel, so changing the EQ on the clean won't really affect the lead.

I like the F-series, but can someone give me some info on Maverick's and the DC amp and how they differ to an F-series.

Definitely the Nomad 45 head! I've played a DCV2 and DC3 quite a bit and owned a Mav head for a while. I really liked the Mave for certain things, but my Nom,ad is an easy choice between them all.

Archived