Way OT: Do Converse All-Star shoes Suck?

Random Hero

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I prefer Vans, so Converses suck. :mad:

I was experimenting with lacing. :D

Vans2.jpg

Behold, the fruits of my labors:

Lacing2.jpg

Yeah I know, a little too much time on my hands, right? ;)

Oh well, I've worn those shoes the hell out now. I got a big gaping hole in the seam around the ball of my foot on one of them. Nothing has more mojo than a weathered pair of cheap, outdated tennis shoes. :cool:

But I wear these most of hte time now. I had plans on getting a bike at the time. :(

D95147.jpg

Originally posted by AtarisPunk29

Keeley Hazel

I swear to god, I get about 15 PMs a week about it.

I bet stangme01 gets like 50 more PM's a week about his. :D

• Members

They're comfortable for a while, but not long. They look pretty sharp if you keep them clean and unscuffed. Chucks and those slip-on Vans are my all time favorite shoes for just going out and doing whatever. :cool:

A lot of those thicker padded "Skater" shoes are really nice, but damn expensive.

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth Man

They were all the rage when I was into skating...

...LIKE 20 YEARS AGO!!!11!!!
:mad:

Hehe, exactly. I had about 50 pairs of those things from when I was about 11 until I was about 16 or so (I'm 33 now). My mom used to make fun of me because kids wore them when she was "my age". Now I guess she knows how I feel.

I've been tempted to buy a pair or two, but they are rather uncomfortable, no arch support. I wore them for skating because they were about $10 a pair and I would trash the hell out of them. When Vans and Airwalk came out I tried those, but it wasn't worth it for what they cost. I even had a pair of the super high top turquoise Mr. T. all stars!

-W

• Members

Originally posted by buntaluffigus

A lot of those thicker padded "Skater" shoes are really nice, but damn expensive.

but worth every cent (well if you skate). The newer skate shoes (past 6 years) have lasted so long, never needed shoe goo when skating, always comfy. hard to go wrong! Skate shoes are now my gym and running shoes (torn mcl prevents the skating... boooo)

• Members

Originally posted by nvcreations

but worth every cent (well if you skate). The newer skate shoes (past 6 years) have lasted so long, never needed shoe goo when skating, always comfy. hard to go wrong! Skate shoes are now my gym and running shoes (torn mcl prevents the skating... boooo)

As well made as skating shoes are, their flat soles can be really uncomfortable when running/playing sports. At least, that was my experience

• Members

Originally posted by AtarisPunk29

As well made as skating shoes are, their flat soles can be really uncomfortable when running/playing sports. At least, that was my experience

I dont usually run more than 2 miles at a time, or ride my bike long enough to feel that I guess.

• Members
Originally posted by nvcreations

Yeah, most of them are well made. They aren't quite my choice of running or hiking shoe, but they can do mostly everything else just fine.

I never really got into skating. Instead, I got a bike. Having the flat bottom was nice then, too.

Any chance of you skating again? Injured parts sucks!:mad:

Archived