Tomita all up in this house

ElectricPuppy

• Members

Pat Gleeson used to run his E-mu through a multiple-resonance string filter (custom-built by Bob Moog) for a lot of his string sounds, most notably on Beyond The Sun. I think Bob built only three units, one for Gleeson, one for himself and one for Michael Boddicker --whose favorite

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

just a couple weeks ago i was all up in a tomita youtube-o-rama. that theme used in Star Hustler is completely ingrained in my early childhood (upcoming track is named Star Hustler, btw).

He he, the Star Hustler was a classic. "Just remember to keep looking up." The Debussy Arabesque tune suits the cheesy nature of the show. I spent many late nights watching the PBS feed of the show.

• Members

I've been giving The Bermuda Triangle several spins at work, I'm beginning to appreciate it more now than I did as a kid. Of course, I think I was too interested in trying to roll critical hits on my d20 at the time than really give the album a serious listen. :D (Yes, I played this during our gaming sessions. Go ahead, laugh.)

If you listen really hard, you can hear some tape print-through of the "tuba" in the quiet parts during the Close Encounters part. :)

Archived