Pick the speakers for my 4x12 cab!

rog951

• Members

Okay guys, here's the deal: I have several pairs of 16 ohm speakers here and I want to load an empty Soldano 4x12 cab with some combination of them. The pairs I currently have are:

Celestion G12T-75s

Celestion CL80s

Mesa Black Shadow MC90s

Eminence Governors

A little more background info: I already have a '70s Marshall 4x12 with greenbacks and a Fender Tonemaster 4x12 with V30s. So, I'd like this cab to give me a different flavor than the others, if possible. I think I've captured all the different combinations in the poll selections.

Please vote and relate any relevant experience you might've had with any of these combinations. Thanks!!!

• Members

Originally posted by anti-flag193

What kind of sounds do you want and what types of music do you play?

70% classic rock - using the greenback loaded cab with a Splawn or JCM800 for that.

20% metal - 5150 into the V30 cab usually.

10% "other" - ???

Ideally, this new cab would be able to convincingly cover anything in the classic rock to heavier rock/metal spectrum. I'm hoping this will be the cab that goes with me whenever I play out. I guess I'm generally not happy with the greenback cab for high-gain stuff, and don't really care for the V30s for the classic rock stuff. It'd be great if this cab could do both!

Archived