Wolfmother/some Sabbath tone?

rememberduane

• Members
Originally posted by rememberduane

It has nothing to do with me "knowing it all", it has to do with that being misinformation, and I feel bad for somebody who DOESN'T know enough to weed through stuff like that.
:wave:

I'm not trying to be combative though, I really just recommend knowing what you're talking about before saying it.
:thu:

And if you feel your DR gives you convincing Sabbath tones, then more power to you. I didn't think mine did, nor do I think that 6V6 breakup is respresentative of the "Sabbath" sound. But hey, YMMV.

+1 You're way off base bluesboy.

• Members

I really wish i could record some clips of my amp... then we could really discuss what it sounds like or not. Not all amps even the same model sound exactly the same, depending on tubes, speaker, circuit of the amp, age of the amp, guitar, pickups, strings, playing style, basically everything. So for anyone to say that my setup does not produce sabbath like tones without hearing me actually play through it is not so accurate.

• Members
Originally posted by AMSnell

Wolfmother are using Marshall 1959HW amps for dirty, and Vox AC30 heads for cleans, marshall cabs for both
:D

yep, saw 'em live this summer and that's what i saw, though i couldn't tell exactly which marshall, but it was 4 input.

and those photos pretty clearly spell out the pedal situation - whoa!

it was great show, by the way.

• Members

I just saw wolfmother here last month, he used a white strat , a tobacco es335(some gibson hollowbody-I guess a 335) suprisising I didn't see his sg. He played through a super lead, and a/b what looke like a bassman for clean sounds. To get his sound I use my les paul or strat through a fulltone soulbender-which is a clone of the voxtonebender he used. I pumped this through my gain channel of my maxed peavey classic 30-and believe it or not I nail his tone, and my pv clean easily gets white unicorn. I may a try a keeley java boost, thats a rangemaster clone, I think I see that in of the picks of the last page. The silver model, new now they are blue.
http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=3
http://www.fulltone.com/SB.asp

Archived