Let's talk *Rivera Clubster 45*

Bassified

• Members

I just bought a Chubster 40. Its got that throaty old school Marshally grind going on. Nice thick distortion. I thought they were similar but mine has 5 12AX7's? With only 2 12AX7's I cant imagine its "all tube" distortion? I mean ones got to be a PI and that only leaves one tube for the pre amp? doesnt sound right....:confused:

• Members

Yep,just found this out of a Guitar Player review.Doesnt mean its bad but I dont dig it.

"The primary difference electronically is that the Chubster 55 uses 12AX7 tubes in its distortion and reverb circuits, whereas the Clubster 45 handles those functions with a combination of 12AX7 and propriety high-voltage FET circuitry."

• Members

Originally posted by rockon1000

Yep,just found this out of a Guitar Player review.Doesnt mean its bad but I dont dig it.

"The primary difference electronically is that the Chubster 55 uses 12AX7 tubes in its distortion and reverb circuits, whereas the Clubster 45 handles those functions with a combination of 12AX7 and propriety high-voltage FET circuitry."

How much did you get yours for?

And you got the CLUBSTER right?

• Members

Originally posted by Bassified

How much did you get yours for?

And you got the CLUBSTER right?

Arghhh! I hate the names Rivera uses! Sorry I bought the Chubster 40 not Clubster 45. I mistakenly wrote "Clubster40" yesterday. The c H ubster 40 cost me 1300$ new.:)

Archived