Mesa F30 Questions:

Bassified

• Members

The lounge is pretty huge, so I just have a few questions. Thinking of getting it if I can get to the shop tomorrow.

1) Is replacing the preamp and power tubes easy? I don't want to take out the chassis.

2) For the F30, do any EL84 tubes work? I'm kind of confused with the fixed biased.

3) If I am playing live and need a tube change on the spot, can I simply turn off the amp, take out old tubes, replace the new tubes, and start rocking out?

Alright, let's make this quick.

• Members

Originally posted by Bassified

The lounge is pretty huge, so I just have a few questions. Thinking of getting it if I can get to the shop tomorrow.

1) Is replacing the preamp and power tubes easy? I don't want to take out the chassis.

2) For the F30, do any EL84 tubes work? I'm kind of confused with the fixed biased.

3) If I am playing live and need a tube change on the spot, can I simply turn off the amp, take out old tubes, replace the new tubes, and start rocking out?

Alright, let's make this quick.

1. I'm sure you don't have to take the chassis out. Where did you hear that? Sometimes, the ones in front of the trannies are a little tricky to work with.

2. Buy power tubes that are tested to be within the required parameters of the amp.

3.Of course. Don't forget, they'll be hot.

Archived