Yamaha MOX 6 spotted at local GC

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Thanks!
:D
Yup, the audio interface was the seller for me. I took my laptop to the local store, tried it out...

I am glad to hear that. Do you have any audio recordings? I wonder how the recording quality of the onboard audio interface compares to that of those external audio interfaces most of us use [signal-to-noise ratio, etc]. For example: is its DAC 24bit/192Khz? Also, is it proprietary to Yamaha or is it made by another manufacturer?

Regardless, for the price of this instrument, it's unbeatable.

LCD size comparison [viewable area only].

The front panels of the XS and XF boards are practically identical in layout and dimensions [including the display].

The XF display is slightly wider and over 2.5 times longer than the moX's.

xsxfmox.png

lcdcomp.png

• Members

. For example: is its DAC 24bit/192Khz? Also, is it proprietary to Yamaha or is it made by another manufacturer?

When I get it and get a little time I'll do some high-quality demos, test it as an interface for the internal sounds VS my Zoom R16 and for external sounds via the built-in inputs. I'll try it as an effects processor also. Plus, I'll probably make a performance video or two ;) And thanks for the screen comparison, that's useful! As much as I've played with them, the screen size doesn't bother me at all. I was "raised" on my uncle's Motif Classic, and the screens/layouts are the same for the most part. Would I PREFER an XF screen? Sure! Would I PREFER the $200 premium that would come with such a screen? Nooot so much :D

• Members

^ I'd love to replace my motif classic with one of these--I don't use the workstation portion at all, it's basically my main live board, so a lighter better-sounding version of what I have would be great.

But the organs....the organs....I assume these are better than the classic's organs, but it would be hard for them not to be. To be fair it's mainly the leslie sim that is really bad

If the leslie sim is not sufficiently improved, you could add a Neo Ventilator pedal to get a killer Leslie sound. Pricey, but better Leslie then you'll find in any workstation, and that way you can still get you weight way down.

• Members

I just bought a Yamaha Mox6 today.

I got it for $975.

I cant wait to get it next week.

I currently have a Yamaha KX61 and I wanted to replace it or get a sound module.I was already looking for a Yamaha motif xs rack so this was right on time.

I never thought I would buy another keyboard but I have always loved Motif racks and keyboards and they did an unbelievable job with the Mox6.You get so much for such a GREAT price.

I just realized you mentioned the price you paid. That is an awesome deal!

I always bought my stuff at zzounds.com [they beat the lowest price] and I never found any website that sells for less. The MoX sells for $1,200 at zzounds. You saved over 200 dollars! Would you mind telling us where you bought it?

Thank you:)

• Members

^^^^^

Pro Audio Star had the Yamaha Mox6 for $999 as a weekend sale only.It is back to $1199 now.

I got mines for $975,2 free audio cables and free shipping.No tax

I even got Guitarcenter to match their price,but they charge tax and that is a no go imo.

I dont believe in paying full price for anything.I am just to cheap and I know there are deals and companies willing to fight for my money.

• Members

Did he say "lack of aftertouch"??

Those drumsets are fantastic!

He said he ''would like to see after touch, maybe increased poly but uh, that's gonna add to the price''

;-)

I am sure our gospel friend will fall back in love with the yamaha sound when he gets over the angry birds player ... LOL

• Members

I am traveling on business, and low and behold there's a GC around the corner from my hotel.

Nobody in there. Very quiet. Played a MOX8 for a good half an hour. Some great, absolutely musical patches in this board.

I have been traveling too much to have time to put my M3 61 up for sale. Soon!

• Members

Sigh....I didn't get mine on Tuesday as planned. :/ Just my luck: the store ordered two as soon as they could. They had them for weeks. I had to wait until Tuesday. They sold BOTH of them on Monday. Just my luck. My buddy that works there ordered some more, but I'm leaving on vacation so it will be NEXT Wednesday before I finally get it.

• Members

I am traveling on business, and low and behold there's a GC around the corner from my hotel.

Nobody in there. Very quiet. Played a MOX8 for a good half an hour. Some great, absolutely musical patches in this board.

I have been traveling too much to have time to put my M3 61 up for sale. Soon!

If you buy the MOX, I guess you'd get the 61 key jobber, if you're selling the Korg M361 to fund it... will you use the MOX6 for gigging?

• Members

If you buy the MOX, I guess you'd get the 61 key jobber, if you're selling the Korg M361 to fund it... will you use the MOX6 for gigging?

Yes, I will get the 6. I will get it knowing that it will be convenient to gig with... Have not been able to play in a band for the last 18 mos due to job situation...

• Members

I just bought the moX6 online about 20 minutes ago. I'm out of my bloody mind - at least according to my wife - since I just bought the mm6 less than a month ago.

Nah,,, buying the Mox6 after the mm6 is what's called coming to your senses ... LOL

• Members
Nah,,, buying the Mox6 after the mm6 is what's called coming to your senses ... LOL

right - buying a MOX6 after buying an mm6 is like buying a Honda Accord after buying a Kia ________ or Hyundai whatever... :lol::facepalm:

• Members

Isn't the MoX simply a cut down Motif XS, which has been out for years? I understand that it's at a much lower price point, but the buzz around this forum makes me think that it's an all-new synth with all-new sounds. In fact, I don't remember this kind of excitement when the XS itself came out. Wouldn't you rather get a used XS for less money with double the polyphony, bigger screen, and more than twice the insert FX power?

• Members

Not everyone wants to buy a used keyboard, especially if you plan to keep a while. What if you don't like the XS or MOX? It will be more difficult to sell a used XS than it will to sell or return a MOX.

Archived