New From Moog

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Supposedly Tom has told a few people that he is going to remake the Two Voice.

i've read that as well, i think on matrixsynth? i don't even remember. wow though that would be THE keyboard-synth to own, for me and i'm sure a lot of others as well.

back to moog - i can't see this being a new product at all, i bet more of another nova musik specific special edition of an existing product. maybe a fancied up little phatty? sweetwater has one i believe. of course, i could be wrong!

• Members

i've read that as well, i think on matrixsynth? i don't even remember. wow though that would be THE keyboard-synth to own, for me and i'm sure a lot of others as well.

back to moog - i can't see this being a new product at all, i bet more of another nova musik specific special edition of an existing product. maybe a fancied up little phatty? sweetwater has one i believe. of course, i could be wrong!

Ask and ye shall receive double the fun... http://www.tomoberheim.com/

• Members

i have indeed seen the son of four voice. a powerful synth! however i dislike using midi keyboards to control seperate synths. it's a weird thing to me.

also, i can't find any 'special announcements' or anything on the nova musik site, but it does seem they've had a bunch of moogerfoogers painted white for them recently that i don't recall seeing before. perhaps that's what this is?

they do look nice in white. a fantastic match to my so-fresh-so-clean bling bling white modular. but yes not really anything new.

• Members

Chromatic or diatonic?

Neither; the harmonica has a sensor along the upper lip and a sensor along the lower lip. The pitch is determined by the position of your tongue left-to-right using stepless analog circuitry, and the volume is controlled by a breath sensor. I thought it was a rather clever system. Not sure where they got the idea, though.

• Members

A saxophone-type thing or breath controller doesn't sound like all that bad of an idea. The name "Lunar Impact" sounds something like a percussion instrument or drum module or something like that though.

There being no atmosphere on the moon, one can't really hear an impact though - other than through the vibration of one's space suit - I suppose.

• Members

A saxophone-type thing or breath controller doesn't sound like all that bad of an idea.

I'll probably pick up a Walking Stick ribbon controller, Yamaha BC3, and a CP-251 for my Voyager. Apparently all you need to use a BC3 breath controller with the Voyager is a voltage attenuator and an inverter, and the CP-251 has both.

Total cost is cheaper than my Voyager in white paint (Lunar Impact). ;)

Archived