Perfect Pitch

Bluesaholick

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you don't have perfect pitch, then the next closest thing is far away from faultless.

Unless of course, you've come up with a revolutionary way of listening that is somewhere between relative and perfect pitch.

No task is too big for our little bluesy hey?

:D

• Members

If you don't have perfect pitch, then the next closest thing is far away from faultless.

Unless of course, you've come up with a revolutionary way of listening that is somewhere between relative and perfect pitch.

No task is too big for our little bluesy hey?

:D

You don't know what you're talking about. Goodbye Mr. 311 posts :wave:

• Members

Hahaha, if only you knew the truth, my friend
:thu:

i say again prove it only a bitch doesn't want to get his music known, if yoir that good, lets head some, im sure your company gave you a website or myspace or somthing, cmon lets hear somthing, oh thats right you don't want anyone to know about what you do, because in reality you probably cant play at all:D STFU nOOOB!

• Members

You don't know what you're talking about. Goodbye Mr. 311 posts
:wave:

I think he is just implying that you either have perfect pitch or you don't... but thats what you said anyway.

And its true. You are either born with it or you aren't, there ain't no way to learn perfect pitch, only very good relative pitch. The Acoustic Society of America released a whitepaper in 1996 outlining the discovery that perfect pitch is due to an addition on the left lobe of the brain. So there you have it, people with perfect pitch really are freaks of nature. :eek:

• Members

Does anyone here have it? While I don't have perfect pitch, its pretty close to faultless. I've found that, after 20 years of being a professional musician, these things come natural.

Dude, I haven't said anything so far.... But, now is the time.....

I'm a complete noob here, but...... STFU

{censored}ing troll

• Members

Aside from the jerkoff troll that started this thread, perfect pitch is a neat idea.

It would be really neat to be able to experience it for once.

I personally can't think of any way as a guitarist I'd benefit from perfect pitch....Even with vibrato and bends, we're using relative pitch to find the points we want.

And if we're writing, most of us have our guitars with us anyway.....and even if we don't, we can use relative pitch to think in our heads and write it down.

This isn't a snipe at all, I'm just interested..........what would you use perfect pitch for?

• Members

I think he is just implying that you either have perfect pitch or you don't... but thats what you said anyway.

And its true. You are either born with it or you aren't, there ain't no way to learn perfect pitch, only very good relative pitch. The Acoustic Society of America released a whitepaper in 1996 outlining the discovery that perfect pitch is due to an addition on the left lobe of the brain. So there you have it, people with perfect pitch really are freaks of nature.
:eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_pitch :idea:

"Individuals may possess both absolute pitch and relative pitch ability in varying degrees. Both relative and absolute pitch work together in actual musical listening and practice, although individuals exhibit preferred strategies in using each skill."

• Members

i say again prove it only a bitch doesn't want to get his music known, if yoir that good, lets head some, im sure your company gave you a website or myspace or somthing, cmon lets hear somthing, oh thats right you don't want anyone to know about what you do, because in reality you probably cant play at all:D STFU nOOOB!

Thats right bitch you have nothing to say to it do you!? Because your a fake.

• Members

I think I am developing perfect pitch. A couple of keys kind of stand out. Like the writer of the perfect pitch course says, F# sticks out, very aggressive. I bought one of those courses a long time ago, but I never did much. What little I did, worked. Basically, the course says to practice listening to keys over and over, and test yourself over and over. Easy to say, hard to do.

• Members

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_pitch
:idea:

"Individuals may possess both absolute pitch and relative pitch ability in varying degrees. Both relative and absolute pitch work together in actual musical listening and practice, although individuals exhibit preferred strategies in using each skill."

Do you know what this forum and the wikipedia have in common? Any old asshole can post whatever they like. Give the Acoustic Society of America a call, they'll set you straight.

• Members

A friend of mines grandfather had perfect pitch. He said it was more of a curse than a blessing. Anything that was slightly out of tune drove him crazy. He was only able to listen to certain classical pieces and nothing else.

I have decent pitch, due to the fact that I run through pitch oriented vocal exercises when I practice. I believe you can train yourself to have relative pitch. Perfect pitch, on the other hand, is something your born with.

And now I will add Bluesholick to my ignore list.

Archived