Post your strats or strat GAS

rememberduane

• Members

I can't do pix right now but I'll give a brief description

74' Hendrix white, pretty beat up. maple neck and Fralin Woodstock pu's

72' Black, black pickguard, maple neck, Van Zandts

84' Black and White pickguard stock (this is the weird two knob strat)

92' Tobacco burst w/blue, red and silver lace, rosewood neck

00' SHoreline Green? Looks like a tinted silver color, rosewood, texas specials

04' Custom Shop Showcaster, Wine Red see through, rosewood

Unknown vintage frankenstrat, blue, maple, Dimarzio virtual vintage PUs, mostly Warmouth parts

This sounds stupid, but I think I have another one that I am forgetting. My house is under contruction and my guitars are stored all over the place right now.

All of these guitars are different in their own way, If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the 72 or the 74. All of them are wonderful, they go through rotation. I'll put new strings on one, and play the {censored} out of it until I break a string. Then, I grab another one and do the same thing.

The 92, 00, and showcaster I bought new. All the rest were ebay.

If I were to get another, it would probably be the one you have pictured Chris. I always liked that guitar, however never found one in the store that played decent. Ebay guitars usually need work to get them to my liking, but storeboughts need to feel right in my hands if I'm going to pay top dollar for them.

• Members
redstrat.jpg

PICT0004a.jpg

The red one is one of my favorite guitars ever. I got the neck and pretty much everything but the body from a strat I bought over 20 years ago and I'm pretty much convinced its the best fender neck ever. The body is a super light Warmoth body that weighs in at about 2 1/2 lbs. Its my guitar for those occasions when the back problems won't let me use my Gibsons.

The other is a guitar I built last summer from fender custom shop strat parts and a Warmoth conversion neck (24.75" scale). Awesome playing and sounding guitar. It has Vintage Vibe pups for a great classic strat sound.

• Members
I can't do pix right now but I'll give a brief description

74' Hendrix white, pretty beat up. maple neck and Fralin Woodstock pu's

72' Black, black pickguard, maple neck, Van Zandts

84' Black and White pickguard stock (this is the weird two knob strat)

92' Tobacco burst w/blue, red and silver lace, rosewood neck

00' SHoreline Green? Looks like a tinted silver color, rosewood, texas specials

04' Custom Shop Showcaster, Wine Red see through, rosewood

Unknown vintage frankenstrat, blue, maple, Dimarzio virtual vintage PUs, mostly Warmouth parts

This sounds stupid, but I think I have another one that I am forgetting. My house is under contruction and my guitars are stored all over the place right now.

All of these guitars are different in their own way, If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the 72 or the 74. All of them are wonderful, they go through rotation. I'll put new strings on one, and play the {censored} out of it until I break a string. Then, I grab another one and do the same thing.

The 92, 00, and showcaster I bought new. All the rest were ebay.

If I were to get another, it would probably be the one you have pictured Chris. I always liked that guitar, however never found one in the store that played decent. Ebay guitars usually need work to get them to my liking, but storeboughts need to feel right in my hands if I'm going to pay top dollar for them.

:love: :love: :love:

Absolutely awesome :D

• Members
MVC-081S-1.jpg

Brand New Fender Vintage Hot Rod strat. It has some smokin' specs. Big comfy neck and a dry, satiny feel to the neck. Extra big frets too!

Nice guitar! I saw these on the Fender site and I was wondering what is it that makes it a "hot rod"? Does it have hot pickups?

Archived