ImpOscar 2

mildbill

• Members

The difference is that the imposcar2 sounds a lot more analogish than the Gaia.

BAM

Anyway, I agree that the sound and possibilities are so different that this would never be an either/or situation... get a Gaia (or even better, a Roland SH-201 or JP-8000 ;)) if you want the Roland sound. Get the impOSCar2 for maybe one of the best sounding softsynths ever (I think if I move to a DAW, impOSCar2 + Synth1 + FM8 + Poizone would give me all the synth sounds I need with fantastic results...).

• Members

So you're saying the Foxconn parts that have Apple written on them are better than the Foxconn parts that don't?
:)

Didn't imply they're better, just that dozens of them are proprietary. (Foxconn is just one of many OEMs used for any given Apple product.)

One proprietary part doesn't make the Mac UX. Dozens of proprietary parts within a unibody construction can and arguably does enhance UX, especially if they're tied together in a compelling and attractive way.

Apple put all their eggs into the UX basket, and that's the primary reason (no, not marketing) they're the most valuable tech company in the world. Above Microsoft, above Google.

impOSCar 2 looks awesome.

• Members

impOSCar 2 looks awesome.

Sounds awesome too, but I'm going to have to put some programming time into this one. I don't find the presets to be very "Deep or Ambient" House. Some are just way too fat or wide to be useful anywhere besides synth pop or Trance.

Archived