OT: CATS!

mildbill

• Members

we got a couple kittens last november. Same litter. two cats are better than one due to the fact that they terrorize each other rather than tearin up our stuff. They are a fine breed of south padre island dumpster cat.

• Members

Wow Mike, 23! Ours is 18, he still gets around pretty good but needs help getting up on some taller stuff. His life is mostly eating and sleeping in the sun to keep his old bones warm, we should all be that lucky.
IMG_0199.jpg

• Members

Three years after my 23 year old friend died, I finally got a new friend...

23 years -wow. I had 2 Maine Coons, one for 15 years, and the other for 17. After the second one died, I couldn't even think about getting another cat for quite a while. Being a cat person though, it was inevitable I'd get another one (or two) :lol: - sooner or later. Hope you have a lot of good years with your cute new cat. :thu:

• Members

Thanks for the remarks. I never ever expected to have a pet that long (1985-2008). When Murphy was 17, I used to kiddingly call him the cat that won't die. He was deaf the last 4 years, and then quit cleaning himself and got very mangy. He would only drink water out of the faucet, and was too weak to get up there. So I would pick him up and put put him back down everytime he wanted a drink. He got very skinny, and one day fell over while sitting by me. I knew that was the time.

For the next week or two, it seemed like everyone I knew wanted to hook me up with a new cat. But I didn't want another one. If anything, I wanted Murphy back. But after three years, all of a sudden I decided it was time. Busby, the new guy, is six weeks old in the picture. He's a little over four months old now. I'm looking forward to the next 22 1/2 years.

One thing that has been interesting is watching his development of cat traits. I remember the first time he purred. Now he's a purr monster. And I remember, the first time he could jump up on a chair, the first time he rubbed up against me, and all sorts of other milestones. He rides on my shoulder everyday now. He looks like a miniature cat.

265048_1432965960348_1718901905_680282_2

Archived