rackmount booster/clean booster?

Duke of Metal

• Members

hey guys,

Is there a company that makes a rackmount booster/clean booster? I know mounting a pedal on a tray is an option... and I know using a rackmount EQ as a boost is another option. But i wanted to see if there is something such as a Clean Booster in rack form. Something like the MXR Microamp in a rack form type of a thing.

But wanted to check anyways.

Any info would help.

Thanks

• Members

Interesting idea. If it could be made MIDI switchable, that would take away the need for an OD pedal in a looper. I don't know if any exist though, sorry.

Yeah.. i dont know either.

the suggestion that was made to me was just buying a rack tray and mount the pedal on it. I think I may end up doing that :cry:

• Members

Well, you could trying a locate a rackmount CHandler Tube Driver :thu:

I've always wanted to build myself a rackmounted TS. With all the space available it would've had a few tricks, like a 18V power supply for more clean output.

Else: pedal on a shelf in the rack is good, plus it doesn't take much space and leaves room for... an Axess GRX4 to remote switch it :idea:

• Members

Well, you could trying a locate a rackmount CHandler Tube Driver
:thu:

I've always wanted to build myself a rackmounted TS. With all the space available it would've had a few tricks, like a 18V power supply for more clean output.

Else: pedal on a shelf in the rack is good, plus it doesn't take much space and leaves room for... an Axess GRX4 to remote switch it
:idea:

Does the 18v setup really add that much clean boost?

I've seen it with emg's never a boost like a ts9 or Wylde OD before.

• Members

Does the 18v setup really add that much clean boost?

I've seen it with emg's never a boost like a ts9 or Wylde OD before.

Yes and no...

The opamp will have more headroom, but a TS9 has diodes in the feedback section, so basically you can feed it 120v, it will still clip at the same level.

But you can add additionnal diodes in serie, or changes to LEDs... or remove the diodes altogether (making it a mid-boosting micro-amp basically)

Doing so with a 9V supply would only overdrive the opamp, but with more voltage, you can get more clean output.

Of course I was referring to a circuit I would have built myself, can't say if all TS or boosters can withstand more voltage (gotta make sure the caps are rated properly).

• Members

Lexicon has a rack effects unit that plugs into the front end as well as the loop. It can boost the front end and keep time based/modulation effects after the preamp. Don't remember the model.

This is the MPX G2, I believe.

I

Archived