Will I damage my Fender Twin if I...??

StrangeDay

• Members

It'll sound really harsh(especially a Twin)unless you disconnect the tweeter. Why not just sidefill your amp and solve the problem that way?

Hah...more hate on the Twin.

As if any other amp will sound any better?

Go ahead...tell me which amp will sound better in that PA speaker.

• Members

Strangeday...

Let's back up just a bit...and have you explain your problem, dilemma, goal, intent...

Whatever it is you want to accomplish here. I might be of some help to you.

I was just saying that you guys were right. The amp did sound a little harsh after connecting the PA speaker.

My only goal now is deciding whether to go with an extension cab, or instead buy another small tube amp.

Should I go through a stereo out on my Boss pedal at the end of my chain? Maybe go with a Fender Blues Jr?? That will cost me though. Are there any good 12" extension cabs for my Twin under $200 that won't make my amp sound like poo??

• Members

I was just saying that you guys were right. The amp did sound a little harsh after connecting the PA speaker.

My only goal now is deciding whether to go with an extension cab, or instead buy another small tube amp.

Should I go through a stereo out on my Boss pedal at the end of my chain? Maybe go with a Fender Blues Jr?? That will cost me though. Are there any good 12" extension cabs for my Twin under $200 that won't make my amp sound like poo??

You shouldn't need it. It sounds like poor aiming/placement of your amp more than anything else.

• Members

TLB is right.

Even though he hates the Twin...it makes him puke....you should have all you need with the twin. Set it up as a side fill. Also take advantage of the open back design. Don't put it right up agaisnt a wall...let it breath a bit with some space.

You could also have someting wrong with it? Old tubes? BAd pot?

I have done MANY MANY gigs with my Twin. About 20 years worth. Very VERY rare I needed more.

Archived