Brown sound nailed by Reeves with Powerscale, listen to this clip!

peppe6v6

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It's one thing to say "I didn't think it was thin"

but to say "I didnt think it was thin at all" tells me your tone deaf troll

BTW calling a tone thin doesn't mean it has no validity -nobody on this thread has said that.

Ok so provide an example of what you think a thin tone is and one you think is fat and ask people if they agree with you.

Ok Mr. "I'm gonna be a prick to everybody"

Listen to "Situation Blues" and "Wicked Kiss" on this guy's MySpace page.

That is an example of what I consider to be a THIN tone.

and here is some phat tone Mr. Know-It-All. :wave:

• Members
Ok Mr. "I'm gonna be a prick to everybody"

Listen to "Situation Blues" and "Wicked Kiss"
on this guy's MySpace page

That is an example of what I consider to be a THIN tone.

and here is some phat tone
Mr. Know-It-All.
:wave:

2 things:

***Keep in in mind that most people who responded in this thread thought the Reeves track was thin so it's just not MY opinion your taking to task here***

As for me being a prick you invited yourself into this so you are completely fair game and now you have asked for it.

So remember being a grown up is about thinking(no, I mean objective thinking not convienient thinking) and taking responsibility for your actions.

OK

Well that guy's tone on My Space reminded me of the Reeves example, anemic and brittle just that his was a degree or two worse.

As for that Derek Trucks vid I would call that typical,normal,balanced or medium but not fat.

So really your whole problem is lack of exposure or as I stated maybe a bit tone deaf .Why do you think 98% of the other people here thought it was thin too?

Don't resist-Learn

• Members

Well my opinion was the consensus so we're all condescending know it alls?

Oh what,since James is a builder you didn't decide to take issue with his strong opinions?

don't waste time posting speculative personal remarks when a thread has already confirmed another forumites opinion especialy when heavy weights are in agreement.

The guy said "nailed" and it was nothing really even in the ballpark so it's par for the course

I'm confident in my opinons relative to my experience/knowledge

I like you hairy, don't be a hypocritical idiot.

Peace:)

James and I have had our issues. He can be know-it-all sometimes as well but the difference between him and you is that I respect his opinion and try to accept his personality. You on the other hand give me no reason to want to see your point of view because you come across as a world class snob and not the "heavy weight" youd like to think.

• Members

I didn't say this clip sucks or something either. I just don't particularly think it sounds the closest to EVH's early sound, among some of the other clips that have been posted here using various other amps and direct recording devices.

I'm not looking to bag on Reeves, or that amp, or even anyone's tastes.

• Members
2 things:

***Keep in in mind that most people who responded in this thread thought the Reeves track was thin so it's just not
MY
opinion your taking to task here***

As for me being a prick you invited yourself into this so you are completely fair game and now you have asked for it.

So remember being a grown up is about thinking(no, I mean objective thinking not convienient thinking) and taking responsibility for your actions.

So really your whole problem is lack of exposure or as I stated maybe a bit tone deaf .Why do you think 98% of the other people here thought it was thin too?

Doesn't really look like 98% of the people in this thread agree with you. I think only one other person said it sounded thin.

Some of the others said (as I did) it didn't nail the VH brown sound.

Zachman.... the clip you posted was a great example. Was that you playing?

That was great! :thu:

• Members
James and I have had our issues. He can be know-it-all sometimes as well but the difference between him and you is that I respect his opinion and try to accept his personality. You on the other hand give me no reason to want to see your point of view because you come across as a world class snob and not the "heavy weight" youd like to think.

So you are just being hard to get along with for very subjective and cirumstantial reasons oh well I'm not trying to win you over anyways there Hairy.. oh oh.....:)

I'm not a "heavy weight" nor did I ever make a claim thats an arbitrary label you have now affixed.All I said was I was confident in my opinion relative to my knowledge and experience which is a open ended unfixed statement.

If you actually see all my posts in this thread you would see a person capable of complimenting too or further just look at all my posts not a "world class snob" but that would be work and you are far far too lazy.

Sorry did you post the clip? I could understand your intolerance if this was somehow directly related to you but let's be honest your a hi-jacking troll

Anyways I'm not here to win an argument so I do suggest OJ if you want to further your case but I won't be following.:wave:

• Members
So you are just being hard to get along with for very subjective and cirumstantial reasons oh well I'm not trying to win you over anyways there Hairy.. oh oh.....
:)

I'm not a "heavy weight" nor did I ever make a claim thats an arbitrary label you have now affixed.All I said was I was confident in my opinion relative to my knowledge and experience which is a open ended unfixed statement.

If you actually see all my posts in this thread you would see a person capable of complimenting too or further just look at all my posts not a "world class snob" but that would be work and you are far far too lazy.

Sorry did you post the clip? I could understand
your intolerance
if this was somehow directly related to you but let's be honest your a hi-jacking troll

Anyways I'm not here to win an argument so I do suggest OJ if you want to further your case but I won't be following.
:wave:

And youre calling ME a troll now? LOL. Youre a freak dude.

• Members
Doesn't really look like 98% of the people in this thread agree with you. I think only one other person said it sounded thin.

Some of the others said (as I did) it didn't nail the VH brown sound.

Zachman.... the clip you posted was a great example. Was that you playing?

That was great!
:thu:

No, it was Victor Mason of Mojave Amp works.

http://www.mojaveampworks.com/5SoundClips/PeaceMaker/EVHTone2.mp3

http://www.mojaveampworks.com/5SoundClips/PeaceMaker/EVHTone1.mp3

http://www.mojaveampworks.com/5SoundClips/PeaceMaker/PeaceMaker2.mp3

• Members

No, it was Victor Mason of Mojave Amp works.

http://www.mojaveampworks.com/5SoundClips/PeaceMaker/EVHTone2.mp3

http://www.mojaveampworks.com/5SoundClips/PeaceMaker/EVHTone1.mp3

http://www.mojaveampworks.com/5SoundClips/PeaceMaker/PeaceMaker2.mp3

Yeah...... if anything "nailed" the VH brown sound..... that did. :thu:

except the 3rd clip. That one wasn't as good as the first two.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived