5 or 15 watt head

inkerman

• Members
Why do you think it wouldn't be possible?

because if the speakers are too powerful, they may blow up the amp???

because 5 or 15 watts may not even be enough to even make the speakers twitch??????

because the amp is so small, and the speakers so big????????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

• Members

yes you can run a 5watt head thru a 4x12", i suggest you try it as long as u match the ohms.

you prob can run two amps as long as you have a stereo cab. and your amp is matching the ohms.

how loud it will be is dependant on your speakers, and the room, and the projection of the cab ect.

i use an epi valve jr head (5watts) thru a behringer 4x12" cab. i am considering getting another valve jr, and use the cab in stereo mode. im just wondering how much stereo imaging i will get from a single cab. but i dont see why that wouldnt work, as long as u had a stereo cab.

the behringer has two inputs, one is mono. (uses all 4 speakers, 8ohm) the other is stereo when u flick a switch. (2 speakers, 16 ohm, / 2 speakers, 16 ohm).

the valve jr have 16 ohm, 8 ohm, and 4 ohm, outputs. so im thinking of trying this with some ping pong delay, and see if my head will spin.

this is plenty loud. im sure with both amps running it would be a bit louder or at least fuller. mic it up if you have any problems.

that setup (2 valve jr's, behringer 4x12) is about 400 bucks. could be cheaper if u can find a used cab on craigslist. spend the money you saved on another power amp, and some mics to mic your stereo tube rig.

dk

• Members
guitar goes through ernie ball pan pedal...gives me either amp or combinations of the two depending on pedal position

cab has been rewired as two 2x12 speaker sets

one amp is tubed for early crunch the other for max headroom

telerig.jpg

nice, is it loud enough?

i swopped my ds-1 for a boss cs-2

and i also have a bad monkey.

• Members

cheers for all the help.

and it may take a small amount of common sense but better safe than sorry, im only a young un'! i thought i'd ask some players with more know how.

id use the stereo output on my echo park to run into the two heads i think
or maybe an aby box

Archived