Holy hell, check out this Andy Timmons cover!!

Random Hero

• Members

*runs to basement, kicks dog, slaps the cat and proceeds to smash guitars*

dang that guy is good:(

Yep. He really is... and he looks to have a really heavy touch for that style too, he's really digging in, but it sounds amazing. He's actually playing it faster than the original too.

• Members

Ill get flamed for this but while the guy pulled it off, it sounded very robotic and without feel to me and that makes a huge difference IMO, Timmons has assloads of Chops AND feel...

He played the notes but in the end, he didnt come close to nailing it IMO...

Flame away..

• Members

Ill get flamed for this but while the guy pulled it off, it sounded very robotic and without feel to me and that makes a huge difference IMO, Timmons has assloads of Chops AND feel...

He played the notes but in the end, he didnt come close to nailing it IMO...

Flame away..

I see your point, I really do. And after watching the Timmons video just now, I see it even more. That's the thing I love most about Andy, his feel... and I have alot of love for his playing.

I still stand by that this is a great cover though.

• Members

I don't know, guys... That dude pretty much nailed it!

I mean, yeah, he was a bit robotic, but he was playing with no backing track, and it's not his song. Not to mention his amp seemed pretty tight...

I thought it was pretty impressive, especially without a backing track.

• Members

I don't know, guys... That dude pretty much nailed it!

I mean, yeah, he was a bit robotic, but he was playing with no backing track, and it's not his song. Not to mention his amp seemed pretty tight...

I thought it was pretty impressive, especially without a backing track.

That's what impressed me most of all, the lack of the backing track. I see Kage's point like I said, but I do think it rules.

• Members
Actually, after watching the original by Andy, I think this guy played it more cleanly though also robotic in comparison to Andy -- kind of like if Paul Gilbert were to do it, IMO, though I think Paul has some songs he shows plenty of feel in.

Andy really puts the "groove" in it eh? :cool:

Archived