Does anyone still make breath controllers?

Poparad

I've been interested in trying a breath controller in conjunction with a Roland guitar synth. but I can't for the life of me actually find any company that makes them anymore. The Yamaha BC3a is the only thing that turns up in search results, but it's been discontinued for a while now.

Note: I'm not looking for an EWI-like MIDI instrument controller, just a volume/velocity breath controller.

• Members

I've been interesting in trying a breath controller in conjunction with a Roland guitar synth. but I can't for the life of me actually find any company that makes them anymore. The Yamaha BC3a is the only thing that turns up in search results, but it's been discontinued for a while now.

Note: I'm not looking for an EWI-like MIDI instrument controller, just a volume/velocity breath controller.

I am surprised about that one. I thought Yamaha was still making them.

• Members

I have one of those BC headsets. I've found they work more efficiently with the airflow impeded or blocked altogether. IE if you use it with a keyboard or other controller that will produce the attacks, all you need is some kind of pressure sensor and a means to pressurize it.

Archived