Fox: Fair and Balanced.

rememberduane

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Fox News does not have the market cornered on brainwashing, so I don't see the need to single them out. I'll even go so far as to say they're less heavy-handed in that area than Oprah.

Since when was Oprah a news show? :confused:

Wow, all that time I thought my mom was watching some rich woman's completely personal talk-show, she was watching the news. I'm astonished. :p

• Members

Fox News does not have the market cornered on brainwashing, so I don't see the need to single them out. I'll even go so far as to say they're less heavy-handed in that area than Oprah.

Oprah's a big pain in the ass. Still, I think FOX is one of the worst in this area. CNN isn't much better.

• Members
ALL News media is Biased either left or right......There's NO getting around it. PERIOD, NBC is as liberal as they come Fox in conservative, etc....They are biased.

Everyone has an opinion (hence this thread
;)
) and it comes through in the media. You just have to pay attention and make your own decisions.

+1 :thu: well said.

• Members

FYI that was not Fox News, that is news from a fox affiliate station in some podunk town with some podunk video editor that made a mistake.

I think Fox News is Fairly balanced. They have views from the left and right on. Compared to CNN whom pretty much never has any views from the right, it is mostly all left leaning views.

• Members
Since when was Oprah a news show?
:confused:

Wow, all that time I thought my mom was watching some rich woman's completely personal talk-show, she was watching the news. I'm astonished.
:p

Since when are CNN and Fox news networks?

And if you don't think Oprah has considerable influence among the soccer mom set in areas other than fashion and whatnot, you've got your head in the sand.

Maybe you should get a TV again, if for no other reason than the ability to analyze this stuff yourself and not rely on the opinions of others.

• Members

Since when are CNN and Fox news networks?

And if you don't think Oprah has considerable influence among the soccer mom set in areas other than fashion and whatnot, you've got your head in the sand.

Maybe you
should
get a TV again, if for no other reason than the ability to analyze this stuff yourself and not rely on the opinions of others.

Since they call themselves News Networks and try to give people the impression they're reporting the news. THAT is the difference between Oprah and Fox. Oprah is a personal talk show where she talks about what interests her and there is no illusion that what she is doing is for anyone's interests but her own desires. When someone has press clearance and is under the guise of reporting the news they take on a certain obligation to their audience to present information in a certain, more objective way.

It's horrific that big scale economies and large media mogul companies have been formed in such a way that News in now considered Entertainment.

The News is not the Entertainment industry, and it's horrific that they treat themselves that way and try to coerce viewership (and therefore, profitability) by distorting information.

Just because you're too smart to give a {censored} and pay attention does not mean the huge influence of this new media structure is not felt throughout American society.

• Members

Since they call themselves News Networks and try to give people the impression they're reporting the news. THAT is the difference between Oprah and Fox. Oprah is a personal talk show where she talks about what interests her and there is no illusion that what she is doing is for anyone's interests but her own desires. When someone has press clearance and is under the guise of reporting the news they take on a certain obligation to their audience to present information in a certain, more objective way.

It's horrific that big scale economies and large media mogul companies have been formed in such a way that News in now considered Entertainment.

The News is not the Entertainment industry, and it's horrific that they treat themselves that way and try to coerce viewership (and therefore, profitability) by distorting information.

That genie's so far out of the bottle that any discussion of how things should be is an exercise in futility.

• Members

Just because you're too smart to give a {censored} and pay attention does not mean the huge influence of this new media structure is not felt throughout American society.

Tell all that to CNN which only shows one side of every issue.

• Members

That genie's so far out of the bottle that any discussion of how things should be is an exercise in futility.

I don't know where you live, but by me, only the so-called intellectuals give a {censored} about bias and are critical of what's going on around them. Most people believe what they're being spoon-fed on TV and discard all of this "bias mumbo-jumbo" as cranky people nit-picking and that even if the news is a little biased, it's still generally telling them what's going on in a way that's close enough to the truth and a lot more fun than solid truth.

That's sad. The more people who say it, are aware of it, and make known their distaste for it the more likely it is that that {censored} will go away. You want to live in a capitalist world? Don't buy into so-called "media" that isn't objective.

• Members

Tell all that to CNN which only shows one side of every issue.

I mention Fox once in that post as a response to comparing Oprah and Fox. The rest of that post is directed towards "News" or "media outlets" or "the media".

Nowhere do I make that seem strictly anti-Fox and I'm sorry if you think so.

I will say that until the last year or two, CNN had been doing a far better job than Fox at being a bit more moderate and less opinion based, but unfortunately, they've changed into an organization that's just as bad as Fox.

• Members

i think if you could see the light in depth you would still be looking in shallow water or shading your eyes .

It is easier to not see than seeing and not liking what you see.

Not Cnn nor Fox are nes channels, they look like propaganda channels to me.

If you watch only O'Reilly, Hannity and Colmes.. of course you will say that Fox is biased.

• Members
i think if you could see the light in depth you would still be looking in shallow water or shading your eyes .

It is easier to not see than seeing and not liking what you see.

Not Cnn nor Fox are nes channels, they look like propaganda channels to me.

Amen. And the majority is swallowing it whole. But it's not a problem...nope.:rolleyes:

• Members

If you watch only O'Reilly, Hannity and Colmes.. of course you will say that Fox is biased.

That's the mistake the average viewer makes. They think that these blatantly biased pundits are the real source of the problem, when in reality it's much more subtle (to the average viewer).

• Members

The bias extends far beyond these shows, especially as demonstrated by the reporting on Obama as of late.

Not to single out Fox, but it's pretty obvious that they're as bad if not worse than anyone else in this regard. They were really the first to adopt a network wide policy of using these strategies for profits successfully.

• Members

Nice try. Apparently we're supposed to just sit back and accept this from our media outlets? People with attitudes like that are why they feel they can take advantage, and do.

So they did a short story on a convicted sex offender and ran a really short vid clip with Obama's face in it? So you're saying they deliberately inserted the wrong vid clip showing Obama's face as an under handed, sneaky way of brain washing people to think Obama's a kid toucher? Hmmm,...I'm not a fan of Fox News, believe me, but how do you know it wasn't just an honest mistake by the people running things behind the scene? If it wasn't a mistake,....well, that's just {censored}ing despicable.

• Members

So they did a short story on a convicted sex offender and ran a really short vid clip with Obama's face in it? So you're saying they deliberately inserted the wrong vid clip showing Obama's face as an under handed, sneaky way of brain washing people to think Obama's a kid toucher? Hmmm,...I'm not a fan of Fox News, believe me, but how do you know it wasn't just an honest mistake by the people running things behind the scene? If it wasn't a mistake,....well, that's just {censored}ing despicable.

The anchor can see the clip -- he moved on to the next story without skipping a beat, except for a little smirk.

• Members

The anchor can see the clip -- he moved on to the next story without skipping a beat, except for a little smirk.

You're assuming a lot of things here. First off I would like to have seen the entire broadcast from that point on,...I've seen local TV new {censored} up and play the wrong video before and not apologize about it until later in the broadcast. Most of the time they correct themselves quickly though. The "smirk" the anchor gave, I think he was just doing the news person "I gotta keep a smile on my face" thing going into the next story. That said, in this day and age I wouldn't put it past them or any media outlet to purposely do something as {censored}ed up as that. Obama running for President is gonna make some racist {censored}s come out of the wood work, and their tactics will underhanded for sure.

• Members

Add this to the reporting of the non-corroborated story about Obama's "Secret Muslim Radical Identity" which was quickly shot down by almost every other outlet (Fox even defended its reporting of a totally baseless story with a single source purporting to be a news source without any mention o fhow they came across this information. Fox needed to make 1 phone call to set the story straight, and that's what good reporting would involve).

I also seem to remember this happening at least once before, though I can't remember the specifics I believe it was last spring.

• Members
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=559kCaH1Shw

Right.
:rolleyes:

:freak:

It's called a mispunch...television control rooms have what's called a swicther that routes all the video feeds to air. There are about 900 buttons on a switcher with like 5 functions a piece...also producers often provide the wrong video clips and this can sometimes go to air as a result.:o

My job allows me to work for CNN, CNNI, CNN Pipeline, and CNN domestic and see that kind of mistake by techincal directors at all levels of experience all the time.:idea:

Don't read to much into it.;)

:wave:

• Members
Fox news is pure lies. And nothing but.

Most TV news is so dumbed down it's virtually meaningless anyways -- I run audio on 4-6 hours of live TV a day and can rarely recall the relevance of anything I've tracked.:o

Plus that's a local affiliate so they have the {censored}tiest equipment of all:cry:

Archived