Can`t play guitar at all right now. Injured at work.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

I`m pretty sure I blew my left shoulder out at work last week. There`s a lot of pain and a "crunch, crunch, crunch" feeling/sound when I move it. I can`t even hold a guitar right now for more than just a couple of minutes. It`s just too painfull.

On top of that, it`s a workers comp case and the Orthopedic surgeon doesn`t want to do a MRI. He just wants to give me pain pills and send me to therapy. My therapist doesn`t know what to do because there`s no MRI and no one knows what is wrong.

Last friday I took my wife with me to see the Orthopod. We fought for about an hour before my wife got pissed and threatened to go across the hall to another orthopedic group to get a doctor. She was a trauma nurse for 10 years and worked a lot of orthopedic surgeries. She knew some other doctors in the building. Right after she informed the Dr. of that, he decided to order a MRI. Hmmm, coincidence? I don`t think so. He got his ass burnt by my wifey.

So I have an MRI coming up this Friday. Hopefully everything is ok and some therapy will take care of it. My manager at work is already hassling me and I had to file a formal complaint against him today. I had to contact my attorny which we retained last week. I don`t know what`s going to happen now.

I just want to get my shoulder fixed so I can work and support my family. Also so I can play again. I hope sooner rather than later. :cry:

:cry:Eric:cry:

• Members

dude, that sucks ass...having a doctor who wont give you an MRI because of a workman's comp case is BS! id report him as well! and your boss...thats BS too. hopefully he gets sacked. sure, being down an employee sucks, but you should also be concerned about their wellbeing.

good luck to you man...i hope you get this all settled soon and get back to workin' and wankin'!!!!

• Members

I`m pretty sure I blew my left shoulder out at work last week. There`s a lot of pain and a "crunch, crunch, crunch" feeling/sound when I move it. I can`t even hold a guitar right now for more than just a couple of minutes. It`s just too painfull.

I have had my share of shoulder problems...

I've had one surgery and SEVERAL shots of Cortisone (in both shoulders)...in fact, each shoulder gets a shot about every 9 months on average.

Perhaps a Cortisone shot in the AC Joint will help. It does for me, they work immediately and last for a long time.

I didn't get an MRI until right before the surgery...an X-Ray should be sufficient.

Good luck dude!

• Members

On top of that, it`s a workers comp case and the Orthopedic surgeon doesn`t want to do a MRI. He just wants to give me pain pills and send me to therapy. My therapist doesn`t know what to do because there`s no MRI and no one knows what is wrong.

Last friday I took my wife with me to see the Orthopod. We fought for about an hour before my wife got pissed and threatened to go across the hall to another orthopedic group to get a doctor. She was a trauma nurse for 10 years and worked a lot of orthopedic surgeries. She knew some other doctors in the building. Right after she informed the Dr. of that, he decided to order a MRI. Hmmm, coincidence? I don`t think so. He got his ass burnt by my wifey.

So I have an MRI coming up this Friday. Hopefully everything is ok and some therapy will take care of it. My manager at work is already hassling me and I had to file a formal complaint against him today. I had to contact my attorny which we retained last week. I don`t know what`s going to happen now.

I just want to get my shoulder fixed so I can work and support my family. Also so I can play again. I hope sooner rather than later.
:cry:

Here's to a speedy recovery, good luck man :thu:

• Members

Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't worry too much though. Shoulder injuries, even the severe ones, do heal well as long as you get the proper medical care.

When I was boxing a lot of fighters had shoulder injuries and were able to come back after surgery. Don't forget Evander Holyfield has had a few shoulder injuries and the guy is still fighting like a bull.

• Members
I have had my share of shoulder problems...

Perhaps a Cortisone shot in the AC Joint will help. It does for me, they work immediately and last for a long time.

My damn shoulders (both of them) have been {censored}ed forever. Well ever since I was in high school. FWIW-I'm 34 going on 29 :freak:

Basically both my rotator cuffs are torn. Would a Cortisone shot help me?

I've never had any surgery. Even though I need it.
There have been days where I couldn't play my axe, because of the same problems BAZGUITARMAN is talking about.

• Members

That sux, What kind of work were doing??? Hope everyting works out:thu:

I`m the senior pressman in a fairly large stamping dept. I run three big presses that stamp parts for a torque converter manufacturing facility(factory).

My primary press is about 50 feet from top to bottom. Three floors under ground level and about 30 feet above. I basically sling steel all day by hand. Between 50,000lb and 100,000lb every day. Repetative motion type stuff.

I was moving a heavy load of blanks from our blanking press to my stamping press when I was injured. Pulling probably about 1,600lb from a pallet jack onto a conveyor. About half way through the pull my shoulder crunched and there was really bad pain. That was it for me.

Thanks for all the good thoughts guys. I hope to know by this Friday what the damage is. I will just have to go from there and hope for the best.

Thanks,

Eric

• Members

I just want to get my shoulder fixed so I can work and support my family. Also so I can play again. I hope sooner rather than later.
:cry:

{censored} man... I feel for ya. Prayers, Mojo or whatever is appropriate coming your way form one man with mouths to feed to another.

• Members

Best of luck bro - I messed my shoulders up pretty bad from weightlifting, it took about a year or so to get them back to normal. At one point, I could move my arm in a circle and my shoulder joint sounded like a freakin' ratchet.

If its an over-use injury, it could be scartissue buildup in the connective tissues, or a {censored}ed rotator cuff. That stuff will heal with the right therapy, check out ART (Active Release Technique) treatment at a sports doc and/or chairopractor.

• Members

Well, here's my input. A cortisone shot WILL help... temporarily.

My boss is 70, and roughed up his rotator cuff during a fall on ice last Winter. After MANY doctor visits, they finally injected cortisone ... and he felt immediately relief from about 80% of the pain. The other 20% only occurred during some specific range of motion.

But slowly, over a period of six months, the pain slowly recurred. He finally had minor surgery (outpatient) to repair the tear. Within a week of the surgery he felt back to his old self.

I had a friend who tore his right rotator cuff while bench pressing in bad form. Just like Awake77, it took him a year to heal. He hates medicine of any kind, and said "{censored} it! I'll just work out lightly until it heals." Don't know how he did it, but it DID heal.

That MRI should show the exact damage, and hopefully all will be cured. It sounds like your boss is a real {censored}face. Good luck with everything (Colbert, too).

Archived