Can`t play guitar at all right now. Injured at work.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

I'm sorry man, it really does suck. I'm in the midst of recovering from shoulder surgery right now. I dislocated it back in October due to a tramautic injury in the gym. It tore the labrum, which is the piece of cartilege which deepens the shoulder capsule. Probably would have been ok with just therapy, but with a chance of regular dislocation again.

Had the surgery two months ago, total piece of cake (1.5 hrs arthoscopic under light general anaesthesia with a nerve block). They reattached the labrum to the bone. The recovery from that one has been quite rough so far though. 1 month in a sling, and then I started PT, now 4 weeks in. Very hard to regain the range of motion, lots of painful stretching but it does feel great to be making progress. It takes 6 months to fully recover from the torn labrum. I had to stay away from playing for a long time, but I'm back in it now (although can't really push the trem bar yet).

If it turns out to be a labrum or something, PM me if you've got any questions about the experience...

Jason

• Members

I'm sorry man, it really does suck. I'm in the midst of recovering from shoulder surgery right now. I dislocated it back in October due to a tramautic injury in the gym. It tore the labrum, which is the piece of cartilege which deepens the shoulder capsule. Probably would have been ok with just therapy, but with a chance of regular dislocation again.

Had the surgery two months ago, total piece of cake (1.5 hrs arthoscopic under light general anaesthesia with a nerve block). They reattached the labrum to the bone. The recovery from that one has been quite rough so far though. 1 month in a sling, and then I started PT, now 4 weeks in. Very hard to regain the range of motion, lots of painful stretching but it does feel great to be making progress. It takes 6 months to fully recover from the torn labrum. I had to stay away from playing for a long time, but I'm back in it now (although can't really push the trem bar yet).

If it turns out to be a labrum or something, PM me if you've got any questions about the experience...

Jason

Thank you Jason. If that is the problem I will definitaly contact you. Good luck with your recovery.

I hope that my issue is not that sever in that it takes a long recovery time. I just bought two new guitars. I want to play them when they come in. Not six months from now.

I will hopefully know something this weekend since my MRI is on Friday. I will probably have it read by three different doctors by Monday. My orthopedic surgeon, an orthopedic surgeon my wife has worked with and trusts, and my attorny`s orthopedic surgeon. I`ll be covered up in opinions by next week.

Eric

Archived