Who here has owned/played Carvin guitars?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

You can look through the options list and figure it out. Is there a point to comparing G&L's offshore discount models that sell for about half the price of a Carvin to Carvin? Compare their American stuff to Carvin and Carvin won't do so well.

Please explain where you get the "comparing G&L's offshore discount models that sell for about half the price of a Carvin to Carvin? "

I really wish my posts would be read correctly. NOWHERE IN THE POST DID I COMPARE A G&L Tribute to a Carvin.

I said, I had to laugh when I first read your post about the guitar breaking down.

I said, guitars are simple devices, not much to breakdown/fail.

Then after thinking about your statement, I remembered a couple of my guitars "breaking down".

I said I had a problem with 2 G&L Tribute guitars (yes the imported ones!). Period.

I said I was lucky to get 3 good Carvin guitars. Period

I sorry, but I am missing the comparison you are talking about.

Read the post, but please don't read things into it that aren't there.

And so, lets try this:

My first impression was to find your post amusing (because guitars are simple devices) until I remembered I had a "breakdown" and then I could understand the merit of your post and your frustration. I gave an explanation of what I had a problem with to support my statements and finally said I felt lucky to get three good guitars.

Man, I just got to wonder....

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carvin's customer service is so far above and beyond that of the monolithic brands that it's not even worth debating. Their QC and their attention to set up details means that on average compared to Fender/Gibson/Ibanez they also turn out FAR fewer initial lemons.

Or not...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1560411

• Members

UPDATE....UPDATE

So I call Carvin today since there is still no charge on my card....

So I speak with someone about my order. Oh yeah, he says, there seems to be a problem with your order, I'll transfer you over to your salesman. My salesdude comes on and tells me my brother's Visa card has been declined...

Al

Well duh? Two different forms of payment for a single $429 speaker going to Canada, and one of the forms of payment is invalid.

Yes, Carvin's CS should have followed up sooner, but is there even more to this story? Did Carvin have a phone number for Al? Did they try to get ahold of him. Sounds like they sure tried hard after the fact (3 times sent emails).

I have ordered several items from Music 123 (and Musicians Friend) and had delays in shipping because items were not in stock and was NOT notified of the delay. I still purchase items from them. I have not had anyone hunt me down because of a credit card being declined.

Every time I order from a company using a credit card they verify it immediately (including Carvin). I never order stuff on-line through a web site "electronic store".

• Members

only faults ive seen are ( and its prb already been said but im not reading all the pages ) the resale is just poor on them, but it is a "custom" guitar built the customer also if you change pickups youll need new rings to since carvins have 3 holes instead of the usual 2. id love to have a CT6 w/flame top but i dont like tune o matic bridges or at least the tradtional ones..i love the one on my ibanez SZ ..yes i said a $400 SZ the bridge is so much more comfortable to play. now if Carvin put a wrap around stop tail like the PRS id be all over it in a heartbeat and would look no further in my quest to find the as close to perfect guitar there is. i dont think PRS could complain since you can buy those same bridges on just about all of the big name parts shops. anyway my 2 cents

• 3 weeks later...

Archived