Roland TR-808 "Sexual Healing" drum pattern transcribed?

elsongs

• Members

Does anyone know where I can find the transcribed drum grid pattern for Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing?" I once had it programmed on my Korg ES-1 Electribe (with the appropriate 808 sounds loaded in) but I realized the bank got erased. I wanted to adapt that pattern to Reason's ReDrum and some other programs I've been using.

• Members

Here you go, friend. I originally programmed my TR-808 by ear listening to the song, so I can't guarantee that it's 100% (this pattern is so awkward and can play tricks on your mind, and also the heavy '80s reverb and loud volume of the clap makes it harder to discern the single instruments) but it should be fairly accurate. I will also make a YouTube video with the step-by-step programming of the 808 since I've wanted to do it for a long time. Hope this helps :)

Sexual%20Healing%20TR-808%20drum%20patte

• Members

Here you go, friend. I originally programmed my TR-808 by ear listening to the song, so I can't guarantee that it's 100% (this pattern is so awkward and can play tricks on your mind, and also the heavy '80s reverb and loud volume of the clap makes it harder to discern the single instruments) but it should be fairly accurate. I will also make a YouTube video with the step-by-step programming of the 808 since I've wanted to do it for a long time. Hope this helps
:)

Sexual%20Healing%20TR-808%20drum%20patte

DUDE.

YOU SO F'ING ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rawk:

Thanks man!!!!!

Archived