UK Spam: Maxon OD808, Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Random Hero

• Members
that'll be 11 people watching it thinking WTF?
:eek:

Haha probably, maybe tho 1 will be the stupid invester who thinks its a good long term deal :eek: lol.

I did say on the auction its listed expensive for a reason. So yeah, im not trying to con anyone, just want to give it the exposure.

• Members

That is a good tactic with a "best offer" (unless you're looking to encourage offers outside of ebay) as well.

1) It'll make it more appealing to people with more dough than sense.

2) If someone haggles a grand off that price then they think they've done well.

3) It'll get a bit more attention.

So what's happened to bleedblacks VH4, was it all just a cocktease?

I might add a best offer if I dont get any trade offers. I'd really like to afford a Bluesbreaker combo and JMP head with whatever I make from the recto.

God knows what happened to the VH4, contact just stopped....hmm....

• Members
:lol:

I don't know anything about them. Got any clippage?

sadly not, and this is the problem. When I am jamming with it the amp sounds amazing and is a joy to play. However when I try & record I cannot seem to nail the tone properly whereas my plexi does it simple.

So i'm finding it to justify having such a pricey amp as a jam amp. I could also do with some cash to get some analogue gear for my studio.

• Members

sadly not, and this is the problem. When I am jamming with it the amp sounds amazing and is a joy to play. However when I try & record I cannot seem to nail the tone properly whereas my plexi does it simple.

Is it the same as this: http://www.kometamps.com/sounds.html

That sounds like a well sweet amp for "classic" toneage. I especially like the sing/sustain/feedback it has.

• Members

The Maxon OD-808 is a great pedal. I don't find the bypass bad. It would be easy to mod for True bypass, I would probably mod mine since I have some 3PDT switches already, but I can't find a nice DIY site explaining what to do with the buffer. Even a schematic would help :)

Archived